Hi Everyone and Happy Sunday!!!
I’m writing this post early on Saturday because I plan on doing some baking today!! It’s a little chilly out and feels like fall and that makes me want to cook up some wonderful seasonal meals.
Here’s this weeks weekly recap
Monday - Banana and Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt – I love this recipe, but I am sure that is no surprise to you. I LOVE my frozen yogurts and well I do have a horrible love for Peanut Butter!! This is so easy and way healthier then store-bought frozen yogurt!!
Tuesday – Pumpkin Pancakes – I love this recipe too!!! It’s so light, rich and super delicious. If you’re a pumpkin fan, than these are the pancakes for you! Low calorie, healthy and super yummy!!
Wednesday – Chocolate Chip Medley Yogurt Cookies – These cookies are sweet and chocolaty and a little bit more healthier then the average chocolate chip cookie. They were a hit at my Husbands work even tough he saw my post and wasn’t to thrilled to find out it was made with Stevia and Yogurt. Why does the man not like yogurt?
Thursday - Pizza Burger – I love changing up my burgers and I really love these ones. There fun and my family really liked them!! Nothing beats tomato sauce, and cheese!! Yummy!! Oh if you make them, the basil really adds a great touch to the hamburger.
Friday – Pear and Cherry Stuffed Pork Loin – This is a wonderful dish, I only wish the pictures turned out a little nicer. The combination of cherries and pears is simply amazing. This dish is sweet and savory.
Saturday – Peanut Butter Chip Yogurt Cookies – The idea for these cookies came from a fellow blogger who asked what would the cookie be like if I added just yogurt or apple sauce in it instead of butter. I tried it out and I like it. These cookies are light, fluffy and only 42 calories a cookie. Yum!! I recommend refrigerating them if you make them.
I also received the Sunshine Award from Laura from Gluten Free Pantry. Thank you so much Laura! I am honored that you picked my blog and I just love your blog!!!
“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
Here are the questions attached to the Sunshine Award and my answers:
1. Favorite Color: Pink! I just love girly colors, but I tend to mostly wear black!
2. Favorite Animal: Dogs! No matter how bad they can be there so loyal and adorable. There my best Friends, especially when working in the kitchen.
3. Favorite Number: 12, I don’t know why?
4. Favorite Drink: My Skinny Vanilla Frappe – I love it and can’t get enough of it!!
5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook! Though I am getting more into Twitter.
6. Good Movie or Good Book: I don’t know. I’m not much of a movie or book buff, so this one is to hard for me to decide.
7. My passion: My passion is to strive to be the best that I can. I think my true passion is cooking. I love being creative in the kitchen and I get so excited to share new recipes with you, my friends and family.
8. Giving or Getting presents: Who doesn’t love getting gifts? But I do love to give them especially when it is thoughtful and a person is surprised to get it. Also giving someone happy tears is a wonderful feeling.
9. Favorite Day of the Year: I don’t have one. I try to make everyday a good one, but my favorite day of the week is Saturday. It’s either a day full of fun or baking!!
10. Favorite Flower: Gerbera flower! There so perky and so many pretty colors.
Here are my nominees for the Sunshine Award: This was so hard for me to choose since there are so many wonderful blogs out there!!
1. The Spiffy Cookie – I love Erins recipes and I love her love for Peanut Butter!
2. Dinner, Dishes and Desserts – This girl makes the best recipes and I’m always drooling looking at the pictures!
3. Healthy Bites – I met Michelle through the Skinny Bitch Club and I just love her. Her recipes are wonderful, healthy and simply gorgeous. This girl knows how to take a good photo!
4. Oatmeal in my Bowl – I met Christine throw my Foodie Penpal and I have seen this girl get healthy right before my eyes. She is an inspiration to anyone who wants to get in shape and do it the right way!
5. Lauren Kelly Nutritionist – I love Lauren’s blog! She showed me about the detox program and helped me on my eating habits, just by reading her blog. Every morning I wake up to a cup of hot water and lemon! :)
6. Savoring the Thyme – I love Jen, who wouldn’t with that name? Just kidding!! She has wonderful recipes and fun-loving stories about her family and trips. I look forward to reading her blog everyday!
7. My San Francisco Kitchen – I love Kristi’s blog and I love hearing about San Francisco and the chilly weather, makes me appreciate living int he East Bay. The recipes are wonderful and so are the pictures!!!
8. Baking Serendipity - I love Sarahs blog! Her recipes are so creative and always look so yummy!! I love reading her story about her big move, life and her dog!!
9. Cooking Ala Mel – I love Melinda’s blog, here recipes always look out of this world. I can’t wait to try her chocolate zucchini bread that she just posted!!!
10. Crumbs and Chaos – I love this blog, it’s about 4 sisters who post such wonderful recipes. I love the idea of sharing a blog with family. I think that is a great way to stay connected and to share.
I hope you take the time to visit these wonderful blogs. You will find funny stories, recipes and photos. I look forward to getting them in my mailbox everyday!!!
Enjoy your Sunday!!
P.S. This weeks addiction, I can’t get enough of Pumpkin!!!!