So happy that today is my last day of work! I can’t wait for a 3 day weekend!! Big plans for the upcoming weekend? I do know, I would like to take a hike, do some shopping and hit up the Farmers Market on Saturday morning and maybe even treat myself to breakfast. But than again, I do like making breakfast, it’s my favorite meal of the day!!! So I may skip going out and create my own fun breakfast.
Tonight’s recipe is a GOOD one!! I made this Tuesday night with anticipation on using the leftovers for dinner on Wednesday. Mmmm, just look at this Mexican goodness.
I woke up Tuesday morning with the craving of Mexican food, which is not a surprise. Mexican food is one kind of meal I can never ever get sick of. Pass the chips and salsa please! Oh and I’ll take a Skinny Margarita too!!
I put this all together using the good old crockpot. It’s not spicy chicken, for those in my family that don’t care for the heat of a pepper (their crazy!). But the dressing, oh the dressing is pure jalapeno heaven. The dressing is going to make an appearance several times on my blog. I think I am in love. Can you be in love with salad dressing? Because I think I am. It is by far the best dressing I have ever made. I can just taste it right now.
The dressing is made with half a jalapeno, garlic, onion, greek yogurt, mayonnaise and milk. It is thick, creamy and just enough spice not to be over whelming. It will go great on tacos, salads, veggies and maybe even dipping chips in it. I can also see it on barbecue chicken and hamburgers. If you love a creamy jalapeno dressing than you have to try this recipe. It’s so mouth-watering good!!!
The shredded chicken is made with chicken of course, tomatoes, frozen peppers, diced chili’s, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Since I have quite a bit left over I plan on topping it on pizza and maybe just maybe make them in Wonton Wrappers. You can make this chicken spicy just by adding some jalapenos or spicy seasoning. You could also add cheese into the dish. I debated about it, but held off because I didn’t know if I would have leftovers to use. You can always add cheese to it afterwards.
- For Chicken:
- 16 oz chicken breast, skinless, boneless, frozen
- 1½ cups Tomatoes, diced, canned, no salt added
- ½ cup Diced Green Chili's (4oz can)
- 1½ cups bell peppers, frozen (I used a frozen Pepper medley)
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- Cooking Spray
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray
- Add chicken and the remaining ingredients and than stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7 - 9 hours or on high for 5 - 7 hours
- About an hour before serving time, take tow forks and pull apart the chicken. Stir again.
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- ¼ cup greek yogurt, plain, non-fat
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons onion finely diced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place jalapeno, onion and garlic in a food processor. Process until chopped, if you don't have them chopped already. In a bowl add mayonnaise, yogurt, and jalapeno mixture. Mix together and add salt to taste.
Ok, after looking at these pictures, I have to go make dinner. I am hungry just thinking about shredded chicken and jalapeno dressing. I think I may even scoop a few spoonfuls of dressing in my mouth. Yah, it’s just that good!! One thing I will tell you about it, is that it tastes refreshing and light, even though it’s creamy and thick. Weird to have a combination like that!
So tonight I decided to bake my corn tortillas, add the chicken with some jalapenos and cheese and then bake it for 10 minutes on a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes until it’s crispy and the cheese has melted. Than I’m going to top with Jalapeno Dressing. Now the waiting game. I hate waiting for dinner to cook when your hungry!! Don’t you!!
Finally it’s done! Here’s a picture of my left over dinner. It’s so good and this one is spicy!!
Well time to go! Have a Super Duper Thursday!!!! Time for me to eat!!!!