I’m just sitting back relaxing, drinking my decaf latte as I let me dinner settle in my belly, debating do I want to share tonight’s dinner with you? Well that’s a silly thought because you know I do. If it’s food related I am up for sharing!
I made for the first time ever stuffed Pork Loins. I have made so many variety of pork chops, pork loins, pork tenderloin, but for some odd reason I never made stuffed ones. How crazy is that? All I can say is it’s easy and I can see why people love stuffed pork chops. Now that I got the hang of it I can’t wait to stuff it with other goodies, but I am not sure if I will be able to top tonight’s pork loin.
See their’s one food combination that I really, really, really love and that’s apples and onions together. My friends think it is weird, I think it’s great! Don’t you think cooked apples and onions go together? My friends here in California think it must be an east coast thing because they never heard of the combination and I offer them a bite and they turn their heads with that ewww look on there face. Really? I just don’t get it? My family likes onions and apples, but my Husband thinks sometimes I go a little overboard with it. I have even stuffed Turkey on Thanksgiving with it. I love it!! So what do you think of the combo? I am curious to know.
Now the calories may seem a little high on this, but it’s only because I got 3 pork loins in the package, which was over a lbs. worth, I could have cut them in half, but I didn’t want to. Sometimes you just need to eat it and enjoy it! It’s healthy, just a lot of it and yes I ate it all up and I’m proud of it. To make up for it, I just cut back on my dinner carbs.
Here’s a picture, just as I was getting ready to sear the pork. I’m showing you this so you can see how I stuffed them.
To stuff them, I just took my knife and cut through the thickest part of the pork, but I was very careful not to cut all the way through. The pork was simple to cut, it took like a minute to cut all three pieces. If you happen to over stuff your pork loin, just use a toothpick to seal it closed.
I should give you a brief description of this fabulous stuffed pork chops, it’s sweet and savory. The onions and apples are so tender and adding the apple cider to it, gave it a wonderful slight cinnamony flavor, not to mention it really added a nice glaze to the pork. The dish reminds me of fall meal. The pork was very tender to, easy to cut and not chewy at all. This is one dish that will make my meal rotations. I’m very proud of my first stuffed pork loin.
Here they are fresh out of the oven. The pan is not going to be fun to clean.
- 20 oz Pork Loin, thick cut (3 pieces)
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter (I used Brumble & Brown)
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) apples, peeled, diced into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup onion, diced small
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice, divided
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- sprinkle of Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut a pocket into the thickest part of the pork, be careful not to cut all the way through. Season the inside with salt & pepper, set a side
- In an oven proof skillet, add butter, apples, onions and salt & pepper. Cook until tender (about 5 minutes), add 1/4 cup of apple cider and brown sugar. Stir until and most of the juice is evaporated.
- Add apple mixture into the pocket of each pork loin. If you have left over, just leave it in the skillet.
- Add Pork to skillet and brown on all sides.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup apple cider and bake in oven for 30 minutes, flipping the pork half way through cooking until pork is no longer pink.
- For decoration I added a sprinkle of parsley over the top of my pork.
Calories per serving: 305, Fat: 6.9, Cholesterol: 93.9, Sodium: 111, Potassium: 76.4, Carbs: 15.4, Fiber: 1.5, Sugar: 11.9, Protein: 44.6
Please note: If you use smaller than 6.6oz per piece your calories will be lower. Aim for 4 oz, than it would be 186 calories per piece.
I better go scrub that pan, that is not going to be fun! Do I have any volunteers? Well at least I’ll get some arm exercises in.
Don’t forget to enter my Trader Joe’s giveaway! There is only a few days left!!
Have a lovely day my Darlings!!