We survived to the weekend! Woohoo!! Any big plans for the weekend? For me, I am so happy to get my hair done, so first thing in the morning I get my roots touched up and a must needed trim. Boy do I need it, my roots are really showing! Eck! That’s scary!! After that maybe some shopping or I’ll just come home and relax, who knows? It’s suppose to be nice outside and I really should enjoy it, since the rain and cold weather is coming next week. Maybe I’ll finish working on my vegetable garden, but I really hate pulling weeds and these weeds have prickers.
I also want to share with you that someone nominated my blog on Fitness Magazine under Healthy Eating Blogs. I am so excited, I almost fell over when I saw the e-mail. My first thought was Holy Crapper Dapper Doo’s!! O.M.G.!! Whoever you are thank you, thank you for nominating my blog!! I am so honored to have been nominated!! he he Now if you want to vote for me, I would so love that. Just go here. I also have a badge on the side of my blog, and you can just click that. Thank you for your support! I am having the time of my life blogging, it’s so much fun and I am so happy to have found something that I enjoy doing so much!
The focus of the blog is to take everyday food and make it healthy. The blogger, 30-something Jennifer, has went through the battles of weight loss and now lives a healthy life with exercise and eating right.
For today’s recipe it’s a wonderful healthy Peach Pancake Recipe. I have been having so much fun with buying and trying flavored yogurt. It’s helped me to come up with a new and creative pancake ideas and I got a new one I want to try out this weekend. Crossing fingers that it turns out! I have never had flavored yogurt until my friend Andrea (Hi Andrea!) had me try a Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt. I loved it and now I can’t get enough of all the flavors. Dam Greek Yogurt! I think I could live on the stuff, mix in some peanut butter and man am I in heaven!
Now normally I don’t like peach stuff, except for fresh peaches because they normally make it way to sweet and it’s that fake sweet. Blah! But not Chobani Yogurt, it was perfect. It tastes like plain yogurt with fresh peaches added to it. I asked my Husband if he wanted to try the pancakes and he was not thrilled to hear they were peach, but he had them anyway and guess what? He loved them. These pancakes are not to sweet at all. They tasted like light, fluffy, fresh peach pancake. Perfect!
- 1/3 Cup of Peach Yogurt
- 2 egg Whites
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/3 cup. + 1 Tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3/4 cup peaches, diced, canned, no sugar added, drained & rinsed (divided)
- Cooking Spray
- In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, milk and egg whites and mix until combined
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, sugar, & salt
- Add the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture and whisk until evenly combined
- Gently fold in 1/2 cup diced peaches
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip. NOTES: Cook on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes on each side. I add cooking spray to skillet between each batch.
- Top with additional peaches and left over yogurt