Today for #SundaySupper we teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards to share with you BBQ and Potluck Recipes. This is my favorite time of the year because I am always looking for an excuse to use the grill. Nothing beats the flavor of food cooked on the grill such as meat, vegetables to fruit. Today I am sharing with you a dessert that can be made on the grill, Grilled Peaches with Grilled Brioche. Oh my, what a great simple dessert that is light enough to eat after a heavy BBQ meal.
This dessert is refreshing, sweet and the brioche gives it a buttery flavor. This is the first time I have ever had Brioche Bread, well except as a burger bun, but I am not counting that and I have to admit the bread is amazing. So light, fluffy and buttery, makes for a perfect dessert bread. Before grilling I slathered the Brioche with melted butter. Oh yeah!
I grilled my peaches which makes them makes even more juicy and the flavor of the peach is so much more potent than a raw peach. Have you ever grilled peaches? You really should during peach season. Just be sure to use a peach a little more firm, but ripe, because it’s hard to pull apart. One of my peaches was a little to juicy and when I cut it just made a mess, so I ate it.
I paired my BBQ dessert with Gallo Family Vineyards White Zinfandel. I used the White Zinfandel because the wine has a peach flavor to it and I found that it pairs perfectly. The wine is light, sweet and fruity and one of my favorites next to the Moscato.
Another Gallo Family Vineyard wine that goes amazing with my Grilled Peaches with Brioche is Cafe Zinfandel. Cafe Zinfandel is light, fruity and pairs well with berries and watermelon. It’s perfect for a picnic or backyard barbecuing. I can just see relaxing by the pool, with my feet in the water and drinking a refreshing glass of Cafe Zinfandel.
After writing today’s post, I am just so excited for summer! Fresh fruit, decadent bread and a simply refreshing glass of wine. I do hope you will pick up some fresh peaches this season and pop them on the grill. The flavor will amaze you.
- Serves: 8 servings
- Serving size: 1 slice of bread and half a peach
- Calories: 243
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 200
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 7.8
- 8 slices Brioche Bread, sliced ½" thick
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 peaches, cut in half, pitted
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tbsp. honey, divided
- Whip cream
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Brush cut end of peaches with canola oil and place face down on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, flip the peach and brush with canola oil and cook for 2 minutes. Take peaches off the grill.
- Brush both sides of brioche bread with melted butter and place on the grill for 30 seconds, flip and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Between 8 plates, add one slice brioche bread, add half a peach, drizzle peach with honey, add a dollop of whip cream and serve.
Todays Question: What is your favorite thing to grill?
You can find more information on Gallo Family Vineyards Wines here. You can find on Gallo Family Vineyards website a variety of their wine varieties, along with and some great recipes.
Looking for more BBQ and Potluck Recipes? Check out GFV Backyard BBQs and Potlucks blog post. Just go here to get more yummy recipes.
Have a super great day!
- Buffalo Bread by Feed Me, Seymour
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Creamy Asparagus Puffs by Brunch with Joy
- Bibimbap Bar by kimchi MOM
- Chicken Satay by Curious Cuisiniere
- Citrus Grilled Chicken Under a Brick by Nosh My Way
- Garlicky Sirloin Steak For A Crowd by Family Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Burgers with Tzatziki by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Sides and Salads:
- Bacon Strawberry and Farro Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Balsamic Blueberry Salad by Alida’s Kitchen
- Caprese Pasta Salad by One Sweet Mess
- Grilled Rainbow Potato Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Spicy Watermelon Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Tortellini Salad by Magnolia Days
- Coconut Shortcakes with Grilled Pineapple by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Frozen Root Beer Float Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Grilled Peaches with Brioche by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- S’more Cookie Cups by Desserts Required
BBQ Helpful Info:
- 5 Tips for Using BBQ Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.