Today for #SundaySupper we are sharing with you recipes that are red, white and blue; perfect for Memorial Day weekend. The recipe that I am sharing with you has been on my foodie bucket list for a while now. I am just so excited, because it actually turned out. This is my Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries.
My cake turned out moist, sweet, but not to sweet and frankly I found it to be delicious and it has the perfect vanilla flavor. I am just so proud! The cake goes wonderful with fresh berries and just a dollop of whip cream. Yum!
But I have to admit to you I am having issues with my oven. It tends to cook too fast. I put my loaf pans on a baking sheet to prevent the cake from browning to quickly on the outside, while still cooking in the center. I am not sure how to fix this? My cake only took an hour to bake and most pound cakes take at least 15 minutes more, so I am telling you to know your oven. I started checking it at the 40 minute mark and found 60 minutes was best for me.
- Serves: 20 slices
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 103
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 84
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder; mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the sugar. Add one egg in at a time, until each egg is well incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract. On medium speed, alternate flour mixture and milk (I did this about 4 times).
- Evenly divide the batter between both loaf pans. Bake in oven for 50-060 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
I also wanted to tell you that this cake is so easy to make. I am sure it will be a crowd pleaser. It’s great becuse you get about 20 slices of cake! Yeah!
Looking for Memorial day Recipes? Be sure to check out all of the Red White and Blue recipes from the #SundaySupper gang.
Have a fab rest of the weekend!
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.