Happy Mother’s Day!
Today for Sunday Supper we are sharing with you our favorite Mother’s Day recipes. I went with a classic Pesto Pasta Salad which is perfect for serving for brunch on Mother’s Day! I love it and I have to admit, it’s the best pesto sauce I have ever made.
This pasta dish is made with fresh basil from my garden, cherry tomatoes and marinated Mozzarella Balls that I purchased from Trader Joe’s. I love the Mozzarella Balls! I also used a spiral pasta because it holds the pesto flavor very well. The dish is light, refreshing and perfect for a main salad or as a side dish. We served it with chicken on the side. It is a win, win recipe in this house!
- 6 cups spiral pasta
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 mozzarella balls, cut in half
- In a large pot add about 8 cups of water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and add to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add basil, garlic and Parmesan cheese. On low speed, drizzle olive oil and process until combined. Pour over cooked pasta and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add tomatoes and cheese to pasta and season with salt if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Today I won’t be celebrating Mother’s Day with my Mom. She lives in North Carolina, and I am here in California. I do miss her dearly and I wanted to wish her the best Mother’s Day ever! Love you Mom!!
Be sure to check out the rest of the #SundaySupper recipes.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.