Love is in the air and so is the smell of chocolate! Ahhhh chocolate, oh how I love thee, let me count the ways or better yet count all the chocolate cookies I pop in my mouth. I guess you can tell, but today I have a super, duper chocolaty cookie that is so perfect for chocolate lovers and brownie lovers. These little Chocolate Brownie Cookies are like little bites of brownies, but shaped like a cookie.
You must be warned! These cookies have so much chocolate in it, that you need a big glass of milk to accompany it. trust me on this one! The cookies have firm edges and soft brownie like center. I made these cookies with Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Pounder Bar and Nestle’s Dark Chocolate Chips. Yummers!
To make the recipe, I melted a half cup of chocolate with butter in the microwave. Than I added the melted chocolate to the mixture of flour, cocoa powder, eggs and sugar. Mix it all together and drop onto a baking sheet. If the batter seems to soft, just let it rest for a few minutes. It will firm up. I found this out when I was making the second batch.
- Serves: 38 cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 35
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 16
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips, divided (or you can use a dark chocolate bar chopped fine)
- 8 tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the sheet pans with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Melt ½ cup of the dark chocolate with the butter in the microwave in 20 second intervals, mixing in between each interval until melted. Let the chocolate cool to room temperature.
- To make the batter, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture and cooled chocolate and beat for 1 minute. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ohhh yeah! If you’re looking for a cookie to give at Valentine’s Day, this is one to make. I think it would be fabulous served with a small dollop of cherry, raspberry or strawberry ice cream.
Well my friends, that’s it for me. I am off to make something yummy for dinner.
Have a sweet day!