Today I have for you a chocolaty holiday treat that is sure to please brownie lovers and peanut butter lovers of all kinds, it’s my Candy Cane Peanut Butter Brownies! I teamed up Peanut Butter Co. to show you that flavors that you don’t think would go together actually do. I was a little bit skeptical about peppermint and peanut butter going together, but you know what? It does! It’s a crazy combo that shocked me when I took my first bite!
The brownies are light, moist, super chocolaty and the peanut butter frosting on top is to die for. I couldn’t stop eating it. I also took candy canes, crushed them and sprinkled them on top. They are pretty, a crowd pleaser and so perfect for the holidays. Who would have thought peanut butter and peppermint go together?
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray; set a side
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Take off the burner and add sugar and peppermint and vanilla extract. Mix until the sugar starts to melt. Stir in one egg at a time. Stir in cocoa powder, until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined and no flour streaks show. Pour batter into prepared baking pan, smooth out the top. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- To make frosting; in a microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, until melted, about 40 seconds. Stir in powdered sugar and coconut oil. Spread over top of brownies. Top brownies with crushed candy canes.
I wanted to let you know that you can find Peanut Butter and Co. at local grocery stores, Walmart, Cost Plus World Market and online at Peanut Butter and Co.
Giveaway time: You can win 1 jar of White Chocolate Wonderful and 1 jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams.
To Enter: Tell me what your favorite Peanut Butter Recipe is?
To get more information on Peanut Butter and Co you can go to the following: