Today I have for you a chocolaty holiday treat that is sure to please brownie lovers and peanut butter lovers of all kinds, it’s my Candy Cane Peanut Butter Brownies! I teamed up Peanut Butter Co. to show you that flavors that you don’t think would go together actually do. I was a little bit skeptical about peppermint and peanut butter going together, but you know what? It does! It’s a crazy combo that shocked me when I took my first bite!
The brownies are light, moist, super chocolaty and the peanut butter frosting on top is to die for. I couldn’t stop eating it. I also took candy canes, crushed them and sprinkled them on top. They are pretty, a crowd pleaser and so perfect for the holidays. Who would have thought peanut butter and peppermint go together?
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray; set a side
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Take off the burner and add sugar and peppermint and vanilla extract. Mix until the sugar starts to melt. Stir in one egg at a time. Stir in cocoa powder, until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined and no flour streaks show. Pour batter into prepared baking pan, smooth out the top. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- To make frosting; in a microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, until melted, about 40 seconds. Stir in powdered sugar and coconut oil. Spread over top of brownies. Top brownies with crushed candy canes.
I wanted to let you know that you can find Peanut Butter and Co. at local grocery stores, Walmart, Cost Plus World Market and online at Peanut Butter and Co.
Giveaway time: You can win 1 jar of White Chocolate Wonderful and 1 jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams.
To Enter: Tell me what your favorite Peanut Butter Recipe is?
To get more information on Peanut Butter and Co you can go to the following:
- Visit online www.ilovepeanutbutter.com
- Become a fan www.facebook.com/PeanutButterCo
- Follow on www.twitter.com/PeanutButterCo
- Take a bite www.nutropolitan.com
Have a great weekend! I’ll be finishing my Christmas shopping! Lots more to go!
Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
I LOVE peanut butter, it’s so versitile and I use it all the time. My favorite way to use it is in your peanut butter cheesecakes. Its so easy and is hands down my favorite PB&P recipe!
Lauren J. says
Buckeye and no bake cookies! But we make them once a year due to not being able to stop eating them!
Peanut butter cheesecake!
sue S says
peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread MMMMMmmm ( i’ll share the recipeif you want)
Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie!
Jan R says
Peanut butter cookies…PLEASE!
libby rouse says
Peanut butter cookies
Angie Jerde says
PB makes everything amazing!!! I actually love peanut butter on a sweet potato with cinnamon and honey….so delish 🙂
I’m a purist, so I love to eat peanut butter on a toasted english muffin.
marpy hayse says
I think this peanut butter-chocolate blend would make awesome peanut blossoms!
Dandi D says
I really like to make pudding with Greek yogurt, peanut butter and chocolate.
Debbie S. says
Hands down, my favorite is dark chocolate peanut butter balls. I just finished making a batch to giveaway at work.
Andrea D. says
I love Peanut Butter Temptations. They are my favorite for Christmas. Thanks for the chance to enter.
Lauren Bryant says
No Bake cookies!
Sydney A says
I love peanut butter buckeyes! And for savory, I like to put peanut butter in Thai food.
amylou61Amy L says
I like classic peanut butter cookies
Susan Christy says
Reese’s Temptations. Peanut Butter Cookie dough, baked in a mini muffin tin with a mini Reese’s PB cup pressed down in the center when they come out of the oven.
Peanut Butter Cookies and Buckeyes.
Melissa C. says
Peanut Butter buttercream with Chocolate Cake! So good!