If you’re a Crockpot fan you will love today’s #SundaySupper, it’s all Crockpot / slow cooked recipes. I am always looking for new recipes to make in my Crockpot. Nothing beats coming home from a long day of work and having dinner or in my case a side dish waiting for you. For my recipe I have made one of my Husbands favorite side dishes which is Scalloped Potatoes.
I have to admit I am not a scalloped potatoes person, but after today’s recipe I changed my mind. These potatoes are cheesy melt in your mouth good. I never realized that scalloped potatoes can be mighty delish. This recipe is well worth the time to make.
To make the recipe I used 4lbs of potatoes, which is about 6 large potatoes. I made enough to feed an army, ok, well enough to feed my Husband and to have leftovers for lunch. I carefully sliced them very thin, but you could totally use a mandolin if you have one. I was too lazy to find mine so I just sliced them myself. In between each layer of potatoes I cut thin slices of onion to give some extra flavor. For the sauce I made a simple cheese sauce which is made with butter, flour, non-fat milk and just a small amount of cream. My mission was to make the creamiest potatoes ever. Mission accomplished! Just layer the potatoes and onions in the Crcokpot, pour over the cheese sauce and let it bake for about 4 hours on high and about 6 hours on low.
- 6 (4 lbs.)large potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled,thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1⅓ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray Crockpot with cooking spray;
- Layer crockpot with potatoes than onions. Keep doing this until you no more remain.
- In a large pot; add butter, flour, salt and pepper. Over medium, low heat, stir until butter is melted. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until no lumps remain. While stirring, cook until bubbly and thickened. Stir in cheese to melt. About 10 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce over. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 5 to 7 hours.
I served up my Scalloped Potatoes with smoked ham. This is one of those meals my Husband craves periodically and I never make it for him. Well maybe that will change? I do love these potatoes and the ham wasn’t to bad either.
Make sure you check out the #SundaySupper Crockpot recipes. I can’t wait to see what I can make next.
Have a great Sunday!
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.