Today for #WeekdaySupper we team up with American Family Insurance to share with you Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle. You know I am all about trying to lead a healthy lifestyle, and it’s pretty easy I have to admit, however sometimes you can give into temptation. But with temptation, all you have to do is start over! Nothing wrong with that! Some of the things I personally do to lead a healthy lifestyle is have a healthy breakfast, like a protein shake, salads for lunch and a good dinner that contains, healthy fat, protein and carbs. As for exercising, I have making an effort to go for an after dinner walk, walk during lunch and try to squeeze in some strength training. I think all in all that’s pretty good! Plus when you do these kind of things others are bound to follow. So for my #WeekdaySupper I am sharing with you one of my all time favorite salads, Caprese Chicken Panzanella Salad.
I have to tell you I love this salad! Probably one of my top 10 favorite salads of all time. It’s made with tomatoes that I picked from my garden, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, chicken and bread. I love everything caprese style and it’s one flavor combination I could never get sick of.
The salad is a breeze to whip together. The first thing I did was bake my french bread in a little olive oil. While that was baking, in a bowl I added my tomatoes, chicken, and basil. Give it a toss and then add the bread. To keep it moist I drizzled on some olive oil. I let the flavors mend together for a little bit and served it with one of my favorite ingredients, balsamic glaze. I love the stuff!! I put it on just about everything. Yum, yum!
A light, refreshing caprese style salad with chicken, tomatoes french bread, basil and mozzarella cheese. Perfect for a main dish or served as a side dish.
- 1 9 oz loaf french bread baguette or sour dough or Italian
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz mozzarella balls
- 6 oz chicken, cooked, cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut bread in half horizontally. With a pastry brush, brush 2 tablespoons olive oil on both sides of the bread. Cut the bread into bite size pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 8 -10 minutes until golden, flipping a couple of times. Let the bread cool.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, add tomatoes, mozzarella, chicken, basil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix until combined. Toss in bread. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: I added the balsamic glaze directly to the served salad to prevent the salad from getting soggy. The salad is good the next day too.
Calories: 169, Fat: 7.5, Cholesterol: 22 Sodium: 198, Potassium: 164, Carbs: 14 Fiber: 2, Sugar: 1, Protein: 11
I just love the caprese style food. One of my all time favorite combinations is tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. Pop in some chicken for protein and you have the perfect meal. I love this salad so much I ate it 3 days in a row. It tasted just as good as the first day I served it.
I highly recommend checking out the Health and Fitness #ChooseDreams Pinterest board to get more ideas on fresh, beautiful recipes for living a healthy lifestyle. You can go here to check it out!!
You can also check out AM Fam Social Media Sites below:
Not sure what to make for dinners this week? Here are 5 recipes from the #WekdaySupper gang that is quick, easy, under 30 minutes and healthy! You can’t beat that!
Monday - Turkey and Barley Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Tuesday - Warm Shrimp and Avocado Salad by Family Foodie
Wednesday – Caprese Chicken Panzanella Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Thursday - Pizza Margherita by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Friday - Chicken and Broccoli Pesto Pitas by Curious Cuisiniere
Have a fabulous healthy week!