I have to tell you I have been on a major potato salad kick this year! I think this is my 3rd potato salad that I am sharing with you this spring and summer season. Potatoes are such a great versatile vegetable that can be prepared in so many ways. I thought today I would share with you a fresh summertime potato salad that is perfect for this hot weather. I love it because it’s a nice light salad! I purchased all my ingredients at the Farmers Market except for my Tasteful Selections Honey Gold Potatoes. Oh and today’s recipe is my Farmers Market Potato Salad.
This salad is chock full of healthy vegetables like zucchini, onion, corn and tomatoes. Not only is it light and fresh tasting but it’s also low-calorie! About 1 1/4 cup of this tasty salad is only 105 calories! Score! You can’t beat those calories for a potato salad, however, it’s hard to stick to one serving. I kept eating it straight from my serving bowl. he he
When making this salad I used Tasteful Selections Honey Gold Potatoes, which are cute little golden-colored potatoes. They are the perfect bite size potato with no need to cut them. What’s even better is Tasteful Selections are already pre-washed for you, so no scrubbing is needed. That makes life a little bit easier!Plus the skin is so tender you don’t need to peel your potatoes! Awesome! I think you will love Tasteful Selection Potatoes, just as much as we do.
To make this recipe, I boiled my potatoes, but debated about roasting them, but with the temperatures in the 100’s, I didn’t want to turn the oven on, way to hot!!! While my potatoes were cooking, in a large pan I sautéed my onion, zucchini and corn, just until it was tender, about 5 minutes or so. Once the potatoes were cooked and cooled, I added my vegetables along with some tomatoes and fresh basil. Gave it a nice mix and made a fabulous vinaigrette dressing to go over the top. After all you need dressing with a salad!
- Serves: approx 10 cups
- Serving size: 1¼ cups (8 servings)
- 1 pkg. of Tasteful Sections Honey Gold Potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, cut into rings
- 2 cups zucchini, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 ear of corn about 1cup, shucked
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 5 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red win vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and just cover the potatoes with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile in large pan, add olive oil, onions, zucchini and corn. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Set a side.
- Once potatoes are cooled, add the cooked vegetables; mix well. Mix in tomatoes and basil, mix well.
- To make dressing: In a bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper. Pour dressing over potato salad. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you Guys tried Tasteful Selections Potatoes? They come in a wide variety, such as Honey Gold, Ruby Sensation, Sunrise Medley, Golden Temptation, Purple Passion, White Delights, Fingerlings, and Microwavable! They are made in Bakersfield, CA and are available at grocery stores nationwide. You can go here to see the locations.
Did you also know that Tasteful Selections are free of FOUP the fear of undercooked, ugly, useless, uneven, unclean, unremarkable, unsightly or otherwise unappealing potatoes. lol I love that! You can go here to watch a fun video, take a quiz and more. Find out what your FOUP is! Mine is the fear of ugly potatoes! Oddly enough it’s true! lol Tasteful Selections baby potatoes are 100% FOUP Free. Guaranteed! Plus they are non-GMO!
Not sure what to make with your potatoes? Well, Tasteful Selections have a ton of delicious potato recipes. Get the recipes at: http://www.tastefulselections.com/recipes/
If you’re looking for a great, light potato salad, I highly recommend my Farmers Market Potato Salad.
Have a wonderful day!!