Today for #SundaySupper we teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards to share with you a Father’s Day feast. Yummy! Well today I decided to make a Father’s Day meal that any man would love, it’s Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-bone Steak. I have to admit something to you, I don’t like mushrooms, well I didn’t think I did! Let me tell you a little story. When I was a kid every Friday my Step-Dad would buy pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. I always picked everything off the pizza and I would just eat it plain, no cheese and no toppings. Well the reason that I did that was the smell of the mushrooms. I hated the smell when it was in the cardboard box. As I got older, I worked in a pizzeria and you know what? I didn’t like mushrooms then either! Then my friend said don’t get button mushrooms, but a different kind of mushroom of my choice and saute them in Gallo Family Vineyard Pinot Noir. I said fine, but I won’t like it! I kid you not, as I stand here today I loved the sautéed mushrooms. I actually was spooning them in my mouth. Me, eating mushrooms, I was shocked. So yes my friends, today’s recipe is amazing, especially to me, because I am not a mushroom fan and I loved just loved it. So if you’re not a mushroom fan, today’s recipe may change you mind, it did mine!
I honestly can’t describe the mushrooms, except good! They were savory, with a hint of chicken flavor and a hint of cherry and a slight earthy taste. They are so good! The T-Bone Steak was cooked to perfection on the grill and topping it with the mushroom reduction sauce was a perfect match! I am honestly amazed on how good this dinner is. Yes I know it’s for Father’s Day, but hey, I’m the cook so I had to have it too! 🙂
The mushrooms were very easy to make too! I sautéed shallots with olive oil and then added the mushrooms with chicken stock. I cooked it until the chicken stock evaporated. Then I added some parsley and Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir and cooked that down until the wine was completely reduced. As soon as the mushrooms were done, so was the steak. So I topped my steak with my beautiful sautéed mushrooms.
Since #SundaySupper has teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards I have learned to cook with wine. I never really cooked with it before and you know what? I love it! I know I have said this on previous posts, but I really feel like a gourmet chef cooking with wine and it’s still true. One of my favorite things to cook with. For the wine today I used Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir which is a medium body, dry red wine with hints of cherry and sweet fruit. A perfect complement to salmon, chicken, pork and mushrooms!
- Serves: 2 6 oz t-bone steaks
- Serving size: 1 6oz steak with mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves shallot, peeled, diced small
- 6 oz. portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Noir
- 1 tsp. parsley, dried or fresh
- 2 6 oz. t-bone steak
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- While prepping your meal, take the t-bone steaks out of refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan add olive oil and shallots, cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the mushrooms and chicken broth. Cook until chicken broth is evaporated; stirring occasionally; about 10 minutes. Once chicken broth is evaporated,add the Pinot Noir and parsley, stirring occasionally; cook until evaporated; about 10 minutes. (NOTE: When I added the Pinot Noir to the mushrooms that is when I put the steak on the grill)
- To cook steak, set grill over medium heat. Brush olive oil all over steak and top with ground pepper. Place on grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium doneness. Place steak on a plate and cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- Add the Pinot Noir Mushrooms over steak.
I really have to give my friend a big thank you for telling me about this recipe. I took their idea and made it into my own! So thank you, thank you! Yes you were right, I liked the mushrooms. I’m probably going to regret admitting that! lol
Make sure you check out all the Father’s Day feast from the #SundaySupper gang.
You can check out Gallo Family Vineyards featured wine below:
You can also get a $1.00 off coupon here.
You can find Gallo Family Vineyards Wines here. You can also check out Gallo Family Vineyards website for their wine varieties and some great recipes.
Have a fabulous Sunday!
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles by Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.