As you may have noticed lately I have been on a major, major barbecue kick lately. I think it’s the warm spring weather we have been having and well I honestly don’t need any excuse to have barbecue. However, May is National BBQ Month! Woohoo! I have to say it is one of my favorite kind of meals and this time of the year I must have it all of the time. So today I am bringing you Marinated BBQ Flank Steak! YUM!!!!
I have to tell you this is the most tender flank steak I have ever made. I kid you not! Flank steak can be kind of tough and chewy, but with a few key secrets you can have the most tender flank steak that is perfect for tacos, sandwiches or to eat on its own. Here are my tips for the perfect flank steak:
- Flatten your flank steak to 1/4 to 1/2″ thick
- Marinate it for at least an hour
- Cook it over medium heat for 5 minutes per side
- Once cooked, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes
- Thinly slice it against the grain
As you may know I am part of the Stubbs Insider club, meaning they send me Stubb products to try out. Before they asked me to be part of the Stubbs family, I was already a fan of their products and was excited to be a part of the Insider Club. What I like about Stubbs is that it is all natural, gluten-free and just darn tasty! They have so many flavors to choose from that it’s hard to decide what to use first! But for today’s recipe I used Stubbs BBQ Beef Marinade and for my topping Stubbs Smokey Mesquite BBQ Sauce. Both amazing flavor!!
For my dinner, I served my flank steak with a tomato, avocado and lime juice salad and a side of corn on the cobb. I decided to zip it up and pop it all on a flour tortilla shell and make a taco. Oh my gosh so good and I love that I can just bite the meat and not tear at it. I’m telling you this is a super tender flank steak!! Follow my directions and yours will be too!
A flavorful, low calorie, tender, grilled flank steak that has been marinated in Stubbs Beef Marinade.
- 1 lbs. flank steak
- 1/4 cup Stubbs Beef Marinade
- Place flank steak in a large baggie (I used a freezer bag) and pound it to about 1/2" thick. Place 1/4 cup of Stubbs Beef Marinade over steak and be sure that the steak is completely covered. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour or over night.
- Heat grill to medium heat, place flank steak on grill discarding leftover marinade. Cook steak for about 5 minutes per side. Don't over cook the flank steak or it can become tough.
- Cover the flank steak with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Thinly cut the steak against the grain.
- Eat plain, or add to tacos, and or top with Stubbs BBQ Sauce.
Calories per 4oz: 182, Fat: 8.4, Cholesterol: 56, Sodium: 480, Potassium: 413, Carbs: 1, Fiber: 0, Sugar: .08, Protein: 28
You’ll have to forgive today’s photos. I don’t know what it is, but I can take good photos of meat. I try and I think they are going to be good and then I get the photos I show you, but trust me this is one amazing meal!!
Have a super-duper wonderful day!