Since St. Patty’s day is just about here, I thought I would share a green, minty recipe just for you! I was inspired to make this recipe because my Husband LOVES mint chocolate chip cookies, so I thought why not turn it into a muffin? After all mint and chocolate in bread form must be amazing! You know what? Yes it is!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a green colored muffin with what my Husband calls a muffin with boobies. Well this is the same recipe with a little modification. I have a little lump in the middle, but nothing like the boobie muffins. lol These muffins turned out amazing! Light, buttery, minty and of course chocolaty. Just amazing! I was pretty impressed by these bad boys and my Husband just loved them. They didn’t last in my house at all.
They are super easy to make too! I made it the traditional muffin way, but added some vanilla greek yogurt for a little protein boost and to give it moisture. In compared to my first muffins, I used melted butter in these muffins. The other ones I used oil. I like the butter flavor so much better and the texture is so much lighter, and fluffier. I have to say butter in muffins is the way to go!!
- Serves: 14 Muffins
- Serving size: 1 Muffin
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- ⅔ cup + 1 tbsp. milk, non fat or milk of choice
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with cooking spray. (I didn't use any liners in my recipe)
- In a bowl, add butter, sugar and egg; mix until well combined. Add yogurt and mint extract; mix until combined. Stir in the milk and green food coloring.
- Add the flour baking soda, baking powder and salt to batter; and just mix until combined. Do not over mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Evenly fill muffin tins with batter. Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins come out clean. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in pan and place onto a cooling rack.
I will tell you there is nothing like waking up to a soft, fluffy muffin fresh out of the oven. Oh and the smell of muffins baking! Oh my gosh I love it! I am so glad I don’t work in a bakery. I would probably eat just about every muffin out of the oven. *DROOLING*
Well my Friends, that is it for me! Have a super wonderful day!