I am so excited for the big game this weekend! Why because Denver is going to kick butt and because it’s football food day!!! I just love finger food, appetizers and anything that is spicy!! Super Bowl Sunday is the day where you can go out splurge, well not too much, but you must enjoy little bites of all that good food! I love it!!! Speaking of finger food, I have a dish that you can eat with your hands. Loving this! Let me introduce to you my Sweet & Spicy Chinese Chicken Pizza. Oh yah!!
Normally I make pizza the traditional way, cheese and pepperoni for Hubby and veggie pizza with very little cheese for me, but today I changed that, today we are going Chinese. Sounds kind of odd, a Chinese pizza, but oh my gosh, believe me it is fantastic! The pizza is sweet, savory and spicy all in one. Not sure what your taste buds are craving? Well this should satisfy most cravings.
The pizza is made with store-bought pizza dough and then topped with the most delicious finger licking sauce. The sauce is made with Musselman’s Apple Butter, chili paste, soy sauce and minced garlic. This gives the pizza the sweet and spicy flavor. The combination together is out of this world. I topped the pizza with mozzarella cheese, sweet bell pepper, broccoli, shredded carrots, chicken and scallions. I basically took one of my favorite salads and made it on top of a pizza. But, one of my favorite parts is the drizzle of Sriracha Hot Sauce on top. I always add Rooster Sauce to my Chinese food! Yum!!
When making my pizza I used this pretty cool pizza stone. It’s made by WiltonArmetale, it’s made with Armetale metal which is a unique, non-toxic aluminum-based alloy, making it ideal for cooking and entertaining. It can be placed on the grill and in the oven. It keeps food hot longer or cold longer. It made my pizza cook perfectly even. Here’s my pizza before I put it in the oven.
- Serves: 8 slices
- Serving size: 2 slices
- 1 lbs. pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- ⅓ cup Musselmans Apple Butter
- 1 tbsp. chili paste
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- ½ cup (2 oz.)mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz chicken, cooked, diced small
- ¼ large sweet red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ⅓ cup broccoli florets, chopped small
- ¼ cup scallions, diced small
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Lightly spray pizza stone with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, add Musselmans Apple Butter, chili paste, soy sauce and garlic. Mix until combined; set aside.
- Shape pizza into a round shape on top of pizza stone. Spread Apple Butter sauce over the dough. Top the sauce with cheese, chicken, red bell pepper, carrots, broccoli and scallions.
- Place pizza in oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until pizza is lightly golden on the bottom. Let cool for a few minutes, cut into 8 slices. Top with Sriracha Hot Sauce, if desired.
Funny, I used to work at Marvino’s Pizza Shop in Buffalo and I had one heck of a time shaping my dough. My Husband and I had pizza about a week ago and he shaped the dough and did a fantastic job. I thought we would try out the pizza stone before I shared today’s recipe. Here is my Husbands pizza.
So I bet you’re wondering whats the giveaway Jen? Well The folks at Musselman’s know how much I love my pizza stone and Apple Butter, so they are letting me give away a pizza stone to you, plus recipe and of course Musselman’s Apple Butter! Here’s the picture!
To win all you have to do is tell me what is your favorite Football food indulgent? I promise no judging if you pick a fried unhealthy food! Mine is Buffalo Chicken Wings or Spinach Dip with lots of bread dipped in it. Heck, give me both! lol
For additional entries:
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and or Musselman’s Apple Butter Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win Mussleman’s Apple Butter Gift Pack at Peanut Butter & Peppers http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2014/01/31/sweet-spicy-chinese-chicken-pizza-giveaway/ #AppleButterSpin @JenatPBandP @Musselmansapple
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and/or Mussleman’s on Facebook
- Follow me on Pintrest and / or Musselmans Apple Butter
- Follow me on Instagram
Are you looking for other recipes to use with Musselman’s Apple Butter? You can check out their website for some great ideas or check out the Musselman’s Apple Butter game-day video below. You will learn a super quick way to change-up your meatballs. Yum!
Well my friends! Have a super fab weekend!!
P.S. The Winner is…..