Today I have for you a simple week night meal that is such a breeze to put together and it tastes like you spent hours on it!! I honestly don’t know why I haven’t made this sooner? Oh what am I talking about? I’m talking about my Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Roasted Potatoes.
Oh baby, if you like the flavor of a tangy balsamic you will just love this dish. The chicken turned out so tender, that you don’t even need a knife to cut it. The potato are loaded with flavor and a perfect complement to the chicken. I have to be real honest, this is probably one of my favorite dinners that I have made this year.
If you make this dish, you need to make extra! The chicken is so good the next day. I cut it up and put it on my strawberry and pumpkin seed salad and added a little more balsamic dressing to go on the salad and the chicken was just amazing!! I like to big batch cook on Sundays and now I will be adding the chicken to it. To make it’s sooooooo easy! All I did was marinate my chicken and potatoes together in a balsamic and olive oil marinade for about an hour. Then I placed it all together in a baking dish and baked for about 40 minutes until the potatoes were tender. I served it with a side salad and called it dinner. It was perfect and satisfying. My Husband thought it was ok, but he isn’t the biggest balsamic fan, but he did eat it all.
Juicy, tender chicken and potatoes marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette and baked to perfection.
- 1 lbs. chicken, breast, skinless boneless
- 1 lbs red potatoes, cut up into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning Herb
- In a ziplock bag add chicken and potatoes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and Italian seasoning. Whisk together until combined. Add to chicken and potatoes and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours, depending on how strong of a balsamic taste you like. I marinated for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and add chicken and potato mixture, along with marinade.Spread the potatoes along sides of the chicken.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Mix the potatoes, uncover and bake for 20- 25 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve immediately
Calories for chicken and potatoes: 233, Fat: 9, Sodium: 116, Potassium: 305, Carbs: 12, Fiber: 2, Sugar: .08, Protein: 27
I really love simple dishes like this! It makes for a wonderful weeknight meal and makes for tasty leftovers. I’m trying to get back into the swing of things making healthier dinners more often, not just a few times a week. It seems when the holiday time came, I was just randomly making quick meals, like soup, burgers and pasta. Dinner time is so important, it’s the only time my Husband and I sit together and talk. After dinner I normally start to write my blog and my Husband works on his car, so I want to make dinner more special.
Well, time for me to hit the sack! I am beat today!
Have a super, duper, delicious day!