Have you recovered from the holidays? We got one down and the big one is next. Honestly it shocks me on how fast time is going, it’s crazy!! I am really not ready for Christmas. No one told me what they wanted, so it makes it doubly hard to shop this year. Oh well. So how was your Thanksgiving? Did you make lots of goodies? Do you have leftover turkey? Well if you do I have the most awesome recipe for you today!
This is my Turkey Cranberry Fiesta Quesadilla. Oh my gosh it is soooooooooo good! It’s made with leftover turkey, cream cheese and Ocean Spray Cranberry Fiesta Salsa. Have you heard of Ocean Sprays Cranberry Fiesta Salsa? It is darn good stuff!
Ocean Spray sent me a jar of their salsa to try out and I couldn’t wait to try it. I opened up, mixed it with a spoon and took a big taste of it. WOW!!! That gave me the kick in the pants I needed. I was shocked on how spicy it was. Woohwee!!!! It’s good! Really I was shocked. You don’t even get it, I took a big spoonful and I mean a big one! I was not expecting that! But its spicy in a good way. I really love it! It’s made with cranberries,apples, jalapeno, tomatoes and spices. It’s chunky, sweet and savory. Really the salsa isn’t that spicy, but it wasn’t what I expected and I really do love it.
I thought the salsa would be a compliment to turkey, after all turkey and cranberry goes so well together. I also added just a little bit of cream cheese to make it creamy and to tame down the salsa a bit. This was the perfect lunch and filled me up! I love simple, flavorful meals like this!! Plus it only takes a couple of minutes to prepare! You just have to love that. But since I made this at lunch time, the photos did not turn out great which really irritates me! Arrrrr…
As a little side dish, I also had some more Ocean Spray Cranberry Fiesta Salsa with some chips. I think the first day I opened it I went through almost half the jar. So not only does the salsa taste good with turkey it is also good for dipping. The salsa would be a perfect little kick to add to your holiday table.
- 1 8" flour tortilla (I used Mission High Carb)
- 2 tbsp, cream cheese, fat free
- 2 oz turkey breast
- 2 table Ocean Spray Cranberry Fiesta Salsa
- On half of the tortilla spread the cream cheese, top with turkey and salsa. Fold tortilla in half.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Add tortilla to skillet and cook until lightly brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip quesadilla and cook other side until lightly golden.
- Cut quesadilla in half and serve with a side of Cranberry Fiesta Salsa.
Oh baby, I can’t wait to have this for lunch again! I just love salsa and you know from previous posts, like Monday’s Cranberry Orange Spritzer that I am a huge Ocean Spray fan. I was really happy to do this review for them. Ocean Sprays Cranberry Fiesta Salsa is exclusively available at Costco’s. So next time you go to Costco, look for the salsa!
So what is the giveaway today? It’s not what you expected!! The kind folks of Ocean Spray want you to try out their Ocean Spray Cranberry Fiesta Salsa and to do that, they are giving away a ONE year membership to Costco, but that’s not all!! They are also giving you a $50 gift certificate for Costco so they can help you stock up for the holidays!!!
So what do you have to do to win the giveaway? All you have to do is answer this question: How would you use Ocean Spray’s Cranberry Fiesta Salsa?
For additional entries, you can do the following: Just make sure you tell me you did!
- Follow me on Twitter @JenatPBandP and or Ocean Spray @OceanSprayInc
- Tweet my giveaway: Win a 1 year Costco membership & $50 gift card from Peanut Butter and Peppers & Ocean Spray http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2013/11/25/[email protected] @OceanSprayInc
- Like Peanut Butter and Peppers on Facebook and or Ocean Spray
- Following me on Pintrest and pin one of recipes or the giveaway
I will announce the winner on Wednesdays post!!!
Have a great weekend!