I am so excited for today’s recipe. Not because, it’s um, tasty, but because there is a new alternative to cream cheese! Woohoo!!! Going dairy-free, one of the things I miss is making dips with cream cheese. I love cream cheese dips, and now I can still have it! How awesome is that? And whether you are vegan, gluten free, or just love food, this is an awesome recipe for you! Just take a look!
Look at that sweet apple goodness all whipped together in a low calorie, tasty dip!!! This dip is sweet, with a hint of cinnamon and almond and drizzled with maple syrup. Oh baby!! This is the perfect fall dip!
I made this dip with dairy free, vegan GO Veggie! which is just perfect for using in dips or simply spreading on crackers and topping with some nice jam. My personal favorite on cream cheese is a spicy hot jalapeno jam. I do love a good cracker with cream cheese and jam! One of my favorite little snacks!! GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Cream Cheese Alternative comes in 3 great flavors: Classic Plain, Strawberry and Chive & Garlic.
This dip is really simple to make and can be done in minutes, making it a convenient dish to serve at your next party. Or be like me and enjoy it for a quick, healthy afternoon snack! This certainly is one I look forward to coming home from work and having. The only problem is it can make the work day seem longer – ahh!
- Serves: 2 Cups
- Serving size: 2 tbsp. (16 servings)
- 8 oz GO Veggie! Classic Cream Cheese Alternative
- 1 cup apple butter
- ½. tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup apples
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. slivered almonds
- Ina bowl, add apples and lemon juice. Mix until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add GO Veggie! cream cheese and whip until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Add apple butter, cinnamon, almond extract, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Beat until combined. Add mixture to a serving bowl and chill for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, top with chopped apples, slivered almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
- Serve with apples, crackers, graham crackers.
If you want to try GO Veggie! Check out there website! They have recipes, other cheese alternative products and coupons!
Spread the holiday cheer!
Inspired to create a great recipe with GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Cream Cheeses? Visit their Facebook Page and upload your original recipe for a chance to receive an embroidered GO Veggie! apron. GO Veggie! will also donate $10 to one pre-selected charity partners of your choosing. (PS, be sure to spread the cheer by sharing your recipe on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest using hashtag #SpreadCheer.)
Thanks to GO Veggie!, I have a fun giveaway for you. Enter below for a chance to win one fun hostess prize pack, including coupons for FREE GO Veggie! products, an apron, a water bottle and a $50 gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond.
So what do you have to do to win?
Just tell me; What would you make with GO Veggie! Alternative Cream Cheese?
For additional entries:
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and/or GO Veggie! on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win a GO Veggie! Gift Pack at Peanut Butter and Peppers http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/?p=16656 @JenatPBandP @GoVeggieFoods #SpreadCheer
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and/or GO Veggie! on Facebook
- Follow me on Pintrest and/or Go Veggie! on Pintrest
- Follow me on Instagram and/or Go Veggie!
This is just a great giveaway and perfect for kicking off the holiday season with some baking and shopping! Who doesn’t like shopping?
Don’t forget to stop by Kitchen PLAY to see what fun creative recipes were made with GO Veggie! from my fellow bloggers.
Have a fabulous day!