Guess what? I have another pumpkin recipe for you! I think there is something addicting about pumpkin because I can’t get enough of it! As soon as it starts appearing in cafe’s and restaurants I’m all over it!! Darn that pumpkin. I think I go through this phase every year and every year I make so much of it my family my sick of it, which is so sad. I don’t think I could ever get sick of pumpkin! Sigh…. So let me show you what I made for you today!
This is my Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Bread and oh my gosh is it so moist, so buttery and has the most wonderful pumpkin taste! Plus it has a nice, but not over baring spice to it! That’s from the ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice and cinnamon chips. The cinnamon chips really make this bread nice and sweet!!! Oh man, why did I put it in the freezer? I want a slice right now!
To make this bread extra moist and extra buttery, I used the Star Fine Foods newest product which is Butter flavored Olive Oil! Ahhh, yes please!!! No need for butter in baking any more when you can get your healthy fats from olive oil infused with a butter taste! Plus you use less oil then what you would use for butter. For example, you would use 2 1/4 teaspoons of Star Butter flavored Olive Oil in place of 1 tablespoon of butter. That’s a save on calories!!! I am loving this oil and I know I will be using it quite a bit in my cooking and baking!!! You can use it on vegetables, cookies, mashed potatoes, popcorn, anything that would use butter! My pumpkin bread wanted to have a little bit of fun with its new-found friend.
The bread is pretty healthy too!! I used greek yogurt, white whole wheat pastry flour and egg whites. To change-up the recipe a tad bit I also used some brown sugar and Presweet Tagatose. If you’re not sure what Presweet Tagatose is, it’s a natural sugar made from stevia, it contains no sugar but is very sweet. The bread comes in at 142 calories a slice, but you’re getting some pretty fat slices!! Plus it contains 4 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber. The fat in the recipe is a healthy fat from the butter olive oil. You need a little bit of fat in the bread, that’s what makes it so moist and just about melts in your mouth. Yummers!
A healthy, moist, sweet, buttery quick bread made with pumpkin and chock full of cinnamon chips.
- 11/2 Cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Presweet Tagatose or granulated sugar
- 1 Cup pumpkin, canned not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. Star Olive Oil with Butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 1 loaf pan or three mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside
- In a large bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix and set aside.
- In a bowl, add egg whites,brown sugar and presweet tagatose, whisk together until incorporated. Add pumpkin, yogurt, vanilla extract and butter olive oil. Whisk until combined. Add cinnamon, and pumpkin spice; mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and fold together until combined. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick!
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared mini loaf pans or pour into one large loaf pan.
- Bake mini loafs for 30 - 35 minutes, bake large loaf for 50 - 60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into center of bread, comes out clean, bread is done.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes, then take loaves out and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Calorie per slice with Presweet Tagatose: 141.7, Fat: 4.7, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 194, Potassium: 26, Carbs: 27, Fiber: 2.1, Sugar: 10.6, Protein: 3.6
Calories per slice with Sugar: 157.5, Fat: 4.7, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 194, Potassium: 26, Carbs: 27, Fiber: 2.1, Sugar: 17.3, Protein: 3.6
Since I am on a Star Fine Foods kick! I wanted to let you know that I am co-sponsoring the Star Fine Foods Giveaway on Facebook! What you win is Stars newest product line; Infused Olive Oils. They have a set of 3 flavors they are giving away, Family Reserve Olive Oil with Fresh Basil, Family Reserve Olive Oil with Fresh Rosemary and Family Reserve Olive Oil with Roasted Garlic. I need to try the basil one! Imagine how good that would taste with roasted tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Ok, I am so putting that on my must buy list! There will be 5 winners and the giveaway goes from September 17th until 30th. Check out Stars giveaway, enter and you just never know, you could win!! You can click on the picture below, he he with my little PB and P on it and it will take you straight to the giveaway! Good Luck!!!!
Well my Friends, I am off, I have another post to write or maybe I’ll make cookies instead?
Have a super fabulous pumpkiny day!!!!
I received a bottle of Star Fine Foods Butter flavored Olive Oil to try out. All opinions are my own.