Today is another edition of the Secret Recipe Club and I was assigned Bizzy Bakes Blog. Let me tell you I found the most wonderful, healthy recipe that is so perfect for this time of year and best of all it’s so delicious, that I will be making it again and again!
This is Bizzy Bakes Feta Stuffed Tomato. It’s amazing and makes for a great use for those wonderful plump, juicy tomatoes that are now in season. I really had a hard time deciding on what to make off of Bizzy’s blog. I wanted to so bad make her Cherry Lemon Tea Bread, but being that it’s hot I couldn’t turn the oven on, so I am going to make that recipe at a later time. it just looks fantastic. She also had a Tomato, Avocado and Onion Salad that looked so divine. I kept her blog page up on my computer for like two weeks, because I really couldn’t decide what to make, until I came across her Feta Stuffed Tomato. I wanted a nice light lunch and I had all of the ingredients, and I just had to give it a try and I was not disappointed at all.
The combination of feta, tomato, scallions and tortilla chips is fantastic! I served one of these for myself and gave the other one to my Husband. He really enjoyed them too! It was light, refreshing and the taste of the tomato, oh yah! Just plain old good!!! I am not much for words today, but trust me when I say, it’s GOOD!!!!
- Serves: 2 Halves
- Serving size: the Whole Recipe
- 1 large tomato
- 1 oz feta cheese, fat free
- 1 tbsp. taco chip crumbs (I used 2 tortilla chips)
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped or ½ tabsp. dried
- 1 tbsp. scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper; set a side.
- Cut the tomato in half, horizontally. Scoop out pulp and place in small bowl. I used a grapefruit spoon to scrape the pulp. Cut the pulp into small pieces and place in a small bowl and add, feta cheese, taco chip crumbs, scallions, parsley and olive oil; mix well.
- Spoon the tomato and cheese mixture into the tomato shells and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until tomatoes have softened and cheese is soft.
I really loved this recipe and I love Bizzy Bakes Blog. She has a thing for mangos, beans and healthy food. I am really happy I was assigned her blog because she has some fantastic recipes. I highly recommend you check her blog out.
Well my Friends, have a great week!!! Now be sure to get out there and get some fresh tomatoes! they are so perfect right now! I plan on stocking up!