Happy 4th of July! Normally I would share a recipe with you that is red, white and blue, but I am figuring that most of you are grilling today and I wanted to share with you a recipe for grilled chicken that is out of this world! This chicken is the most moist chicken I have ever made! My Husband who isn’t really a chicken fan, loved this chicken! What’s crazy is that the marinade is only a few ingredients and you only need to marinate it for 30 minutes. Trust me you will love this!!
As you can tell by the recipe name, it is yogurt marinated chicken. I love using yogurt to marinate chicken and beef. I don’t know what the yogurt does, but it makes the most juicy, tender chicken ever! One thing I don’t like is dried out chicken and sometimes that tends to happen to me when grilling, but not with this recipe! I have made this three times, the past couple of weeks and every time it has come out perfect. I used plain Greek yogurt (Chobani), red wine vinegar, dried parsley and dried oregano. Mix it all together, rub all over the chicken and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. The marinade is thick and really sticks to the chicken well.
You don’t need to rinse off the chicken or anything, just pop it on the grill with marinade and all. I cook the chicken for five minutes and then flip it and cook it for another 3 to 5 minutes until it’s done. Perfect chicken every time!! You must give this recipe a try, and no it doesn’t taste like yogurt. Trust me if it did, my Husband wouldn’t eat it. He is NOT a yogurt person at all and he is even impressed with this recipe. If you saw on Instagram, I posted a picture of my summertime dinner, well that was with my yogurt marinated chicken that I had last week and my Husband gave it rave reviews, which is shocking coming from him. A compliment with chicken, wow!!
Crave a juicy, moist, tender chicken breast? Try this marinade, it's made with Greek yogurt, red wine vinegar and seasonings. It simply makes the best chicken ever!
- 1 lbs. chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper your chicken and place in a bowl or a ziplock storage bag; set a side.
- In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, parsley, and red wine vinegar; mix well. Pour marinade over chicken; mix it well until all the chicken is covered. Please note, that this is a thick marinade. Place chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, up to 3 hours.
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes; flip the chicken and cook until no longer pink; about another 3 - 5 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breasts are.
- Let the chicken sit for a few minutes and serve.
Calories per 4oz: 127.5, Fat: 2, Cholesterol: 65, Sodium: 224, Potassium: 17, Carbs: .04, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 0, Protein: 27
One thing I don’t like about dishes like this is the pictures. I only had a few that I liked. It looks kind of boring, but don’t let that fool you, this chicken is amazing!! I am so impressed with it! I even made beef kabobs with it and it worked out great too! Same marinade, just using beef tips! I tend to get a little excited over these things, so forgive the enthusiasm!
Have a wonderful Fourth of July! Be safe and have fun!