Today I bring you one of my all time favorite salads! I could eat this salad everyday, and I’m not kidding you about that. My Husband always says you’re having that again? Yup, because I love it and i hope you will love it too!!
This salad is full of all my favorite things! Chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, avocado and oh the simple flavor of freshly squeezed lime. I personally don’t think this salad needs any additional flavor besides the lime because you have so much flavor going on with everything combined. For the chicken, I used some cooked chicken that I made on Sunday. I like to cook up a batch of chicken for quick meals and week day lunches. It tastes so much better than the stuff that is already cooked at the store. I did grill my chicken with a sprinkle of pepper, taco seasoning, paprika, and ancho chili powder. Perfect every time! Plus the skin gets a slight crunch to it.
This is one hearty salad and sure to fill you up. For lunch I do down size it a tad bit, since I like to have lighter lunches because I am never sure what I am having for dinner that night. Someday’s I have it all planned out and on others I just stare at the refrigerator hoping something will pop out at me. Plus there is always the case where my Husband may surprise me and say lets get pizza or something?? So having a nice light salad is a big plus!! Then I feel less guilty if I eat something a little bit heavier later in the day. Speaking of dinners, do you plan your dinners out? I used to, then I stopped for some odd reason??
- Serves: 2 Big Salads
- Serving size: 1 Big Salad
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 6 oz chicken, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup black beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn, if frozen defrosted
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 radishes, sliced thin or diced
- 10 black olives, sliced in half
- ⅓ cup avocado, diced
- 4 tbsp. scallions, diced small
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, fresh, sliced small
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 ounce Cojita Mexican Cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup salsa (I used Trader Joe's Serrano Salsa Fresca)
- 2 dollops of greek yogurt (about 2 tbsp per salad)
- On two plates, evenly divide the lettuce, chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, radishes, olives, avocado, scallions and cilantro. Squirt lime juice over each salad, I used half a lime for each salad. Then sprinkle on the cheese, top the center of the salads with salsa, greek yogurt and avocado.
I know my posts have been short, but it seems time is getting away from me. Between household chores and working on trying to get my veggie garden together, it seems time is going to fast, so please for give the shortness this week! I’m working hard to get it all together and hoping by the weekend, I can plant some vegetables. I’m a little late at getting it together this year.
Have a lovely day!