Hi and Happy Friday!!!!
I can’t get over how fast time is going!! Can you believe we are half way through September already? I have said it before, I love the fall but I am so not ready for winter! Ugh!!!
Since it’s been pretty warm out here, I haven’t really done any baking, well except for those Blondies from Trader Joe’s, dam those are good!! Well worth turning the oven on for. But honestly, this time around I was hoping my Husband would have taken them all to work and you know what? He didn’t, he he I guess I know what I’m having for dessert tonight!! Yum!!
But back to the heat, since it’s been pretty hot here, I have been on a hamburger kick! I just love cooking them on the grill as you can tell. I think I have posted a hamburger recipe every week for the past three weeks. Hope you like hamburgers. This burger is a my version of a ranch burger.
To make these burgers, I used Hidden Valley Dips seasoning packet. I also took 1 teaspoon of the seasoning and added it to 1/4 cup greek yogurt to make a nice sauce to go over the top of the burgers. I had a little bit of leftover dressing and used it for dipping my veggies in for my mid morning snack. Yummy!!!
To complete this burger I topped it with lettuce and a slice of tomato. It was perfect! As my side dish, I made my grilled sweet potato chips. I love those chips and there so quick to make too!! So if you need french fries in a quick hurry, make these chips, there just as good! Just be sure to watch them, because they cook quick!
The best way to describe these burgers are that they are juicy, thick and the ranch seasoning adds some nice flavor to the burger. Something a little different to the traditional burger. If you like ranch dressing then you should love these burgers. I am betting some cheddar cheese on it would be good too. Oh, I used an 1oz packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Seasoning for the whole recipe.
- Serves: 4 Burgers
- Serving size: 1 Burger
- 1 lbs lean ground beef (96/4)
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 7 tsp. Ranch Dressing Seasoning from packet
- 4 whole wheat English muffins or hamburger buns
- 1 tsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- Preheat grill on medium heat
- In a small bowl add ¼ cup greek yogurt and 1 tsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Dips and mix until combined. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a bowl, add ground beef, egg, and Ranch Dressing Seasoning. Mix together until combined; I used my hands to mix it.
- Divide the ground beef mixture into 4 equal pieces and form into a patty. Place on grill and cook until done. About 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile; split your English Muffins and place on the top part of the grill and cook until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Place Burger onto English Muffin and top with dressing.
- Serve immediately
- optional toppings: sliced tomato and lettuce.
I’m happy to report that I think my blog is running better. I got some good advice and I was told to add a performance plug-in, and so far I haven’t seen any error connection messages. Please let me know how my blog is running. I’m still debating on switching server hosts, but if this fixes the problem, I’ll be one happy camper.
Since this weekend it’s suppose to actually be nice at the beaches, I’m thinking of heading to Stinston Beach on Saturday. There is not supposed to be any fog, it’s going sunny and 80 degrees. Believe me that is warm for the beach. That is one thing that disappointed me about Northern California, I thought it would always be warm at the beach and it’s not. I have to say it’s foggy most of the year. So I’m crossing my fingers and toes that it’s nice out.
Have a wonderful weekend!! Now get out there and enjoy the weather!