It’s another Skinny Bitch Tuesday and today’s recipe is supposed to be crepes with Raspberry Sauce, but you know me I had to change it up just a pinch!
I was excited to try this recipe because I have never make crepes before. All in all it wasn’t hard, but it took a little time to figure it out. The recipe calls for one cup almond milk, but I decided to use coconut milk instead. I don’ t know if the coconut milk was to thick but I had to add 2 tablespoons of milk to thin out the batter.
The flavor of these crepes were mighty delish, very sweet and light! I liked the coconut milk in it. I know I need to keep practice to make them perfect, but I don’t think I did to bad for the first time. The concept of making these is very much like making pancakes and to be honest they tasted like pancakes. I have no complaints about that! You know I love my pancakes. These crepes would have been great for breakfast, but I had mine for dessert!
I decided not to do the raspberry sauce since I made that a while back when I made my Chocolate Espresso Raspberry Pancakes. I decided on going simple, and went with strawberries. All I did was take 1 cup of frozen strawberries and microwaved them in 30 second increments. Mashed with a fork and served warm over the crepes. I do love my strawberries. These crepes are my strawberry short-cake version.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. stevia
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. milk, fat free
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- In a medium bowl, combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and stevia. Whisk in the coconut milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add strawberries to a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds increments, until strawberries are no longer frozen. Mash with a fork. Set a side.
- Spray an 8" skillet with cooking spray and set on medium heat. Add ¼ cup of the batter mix to the bottom of the skillet, swirling to coat the bottom of the skillet as evenly as possible with the batter.
- Cook until edges are lightly browned and the crepe is almost dry on top. Loosen the edges with a thin spatula and flip the crepe over.
- Cook crepe for an additional 15 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and continue cooking remaining batter.
- Add warmed strawberries over the cooked crepes.
I have to say I’ve been pretty happy with the past few Skinny Bitch Cookbook recipes. I’ve learned a lot and tried new things. I can’t wait to see what we make next. Now to check out the other ladies Crepes. I wonder what they did to change it up? So many great ideas, that every time we post Skinny Bitch Tuesdays, I think why didn’t I think of that! That is what makes cooking fun!! So go check out the ladies crepes!!
Claire from the Realistic Nutritionist
Michelle from The Healthy Bites
Stephanie from Eat.Drink.Love
Have a great day everyone!
P.S. I just love this picture!