Woohoo! It’s finally Friday!!! Tonight for dinner I made a simple dish of Pork Tenderloin that I was going to share with you, but I thought nah, why not have dessert. I figured that my Hubby deserved it for cleaning the house while I was gone.
This is one of those wing it desserts, make as you go. I had a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge and I originally thought of making a banana cream parfait, since when I was in Germany they served a cream based dessert at every meal. It was so good, I don’t even want to know the calories of there cream desserts. When I mixed the banana with the fat of the coconut, I knew it wouldn’t be enough and I needed more!! In case you’re wondering, if you take a full fat can of coconut milk, place in a the fridge for a couple of days, the fat rises to the top of the can and it makes a wonderful cream. I used the top of the cream and discarded the rest.
After running short on cream I decided to make a pudding base and then add the coconut on top. When I made the instant pudding I still ran short, so I pulled out a tub of defrosted fat free Cool Whip that I had and mixed it in the pudding. It was the perfect amount to fill my glass cups.
This isn’t the healthiest dessert in the world, but it tastes so good and creamy! This is a treat that I never get to eat! I am going to enjoy savor every bite! Besides I saved some calories for the day to have this dessert. It comes in at just over 200 calories, which I don’t think is too bad. My Husband loved the dessert! He said it was sweet chocolaty, with a hint of coconut and banana. He went in for seconds!
I am totally loving the coconut topping and will most definitely make other goodies using it! To make the dessert pretty, I decided to toast a little bit of reduced fat coconut and add milk chocolate curls. To make the curls I used a vegetable peeler on a bar of chocolate. I think it added just the right touch. I didn’t include them in the calorie calculation since I didn’t measure it out.
- 1 medium banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 can full fat coconut milk refrigerated for 24 - 48 hours (only use the coconut meat from the top of the can 5.5oz)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Stevia
- 1 1.4 oz Jello instant chocolate pudding, sugar free
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- ½ tub Cool Whip Fat Free (12 tbsp.)
- 4 8oz glasses
- Optional Toppings:
- Toasted Coconut, Chocolate Curls
- Refrigerate 1 can of full fat coconut milk for 24 - 48 hours, do not shake the can.
- In a small bowl add banana and the fat of the coconut milk. Discard coconut milk or save for another use. Add vanilla extract and stevia. Mix until combined. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl add chocolate pudding and milk. Whisk until thick, about 5 minutes. Carefully fold in Cool Whip until no more streaks are in the chocolate.
- Evenly divide the chocolate pudding in 4 8 oz glasses. Top with coconut banana cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Additional toppings: chocolate curls, toasted coconut
I am really glad the weekend is here. I have so many recipes that I want to make and making them through the week is hard. I try to make recipes in advance so I can share them with you throughout the week, but being away last week, set me back about a week on my recipes.
I hope you have a wonderful and fun weekend! It’s suppose to be near 100 degrees, Eck!! So look for no bake and BBQ meals next week.
See you tomorrow!