Yah Friday’s here! Big plans for the weekend? I’m finally getting my hair done and Saturday I plan on going to San Francisco. I’m going to play the tourist role and check out all the sites in the Embarcadero. It should make for a great start to the weekend!!
Today’s recipe is Pumpkin Butter. I got this recipe from Angela from “Oh She Glows” http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/05/happy-thanksgiving-homemade-pumpkin-butter/ You should check out her site., she has some great recipes!
This was simple and only a few ingredients needed.
I followed her recipe exactly, except I only used 3/4’s of cup of sugar. Everything else was the same! I love this stuff!! I ended up getting 4 cups of this sweet, pumpkiny butter! It taste just like Pumpkin Pie! Yum!!
You can put this on oatmeal, yogurt, parfaits, apples, just spoonfuls, ice cream, toast, sandwiches and so much more! You have to make this!
Angela’s Pumkin Butter – http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/05/happy-thanksgiving-homemade-pumpkin-butter/
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree, approx. 3 1/2 cups or fresh
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Juice of half a lemon
1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan and stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered with lid ajar, for 35-45 minutes, stirring frequently. Be careful as the mixture bubbles and pops!
2. Remove from heat. Adjust spices to taste. Stir in lemon juice. Once cool, pumpkin butter can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Makes enough to fill one large mason jar or about 3.5 cups.
Calories for 2 Tbsp.: 28, Sodium: 3.5, Potassium: 14, Carbs: 8, Fiber: 1.4, Sugar: 6.9, Protein: .5
You ever see Fillo Cups? There in the frozen department of the grocery store.
Look at what you can do with them!
Bake the cups plain in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes. Let them cool and add your Pumpkin Butter. About 1 tsp. per cup. That’s it! Love simple!
Calories per cup with Pumpkin Butter! Ready for this?
Calories: 16.7, Fat: .5, Potassium: 2.2, Carbs: 3.3, Fiber 2, Sugar: 1, Protein: .6
Nice huh? I ate 4 with my dinner! I love these!!
Aren’t they cute? Almost to cute to eat! Not! Ok, that was so old school, why did I say that?
Have a great weekend! Now go make some Pumpkin Butter!!!
Oh, and check out my ice coffee! I had to show you! http://peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2011/09/14/i-heart-pumpkin/
Cute cup! I love Halloween Stuff! So fun!