Football season is finally coming to an end and this weekend #SundaySupper teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards to share with you our favorite football recipes. I have lots of favorites and today I am sharing with you one of my personal favorites. Sweet & Spicy Mango Meatballs. Yum! This is a total change-up from traditional meatballs. It is sweet, spicy, easy to make and out of this world!
These little meatballs are not only simple to make, and tasty to eat but they only come in at 40 calories each. I think I ate 5 during the photographing of these little guys. Hey what can I say? They are good. To make the meatballs I used lean ground beef, lean ground pork and some fresh garlic, onions and crushed red peppers. Just mix it all together and roll into little inch balls. I found it best to use a small cookie scoop to make them close in size.
To make the amazing sweet and spicy mango sauce I used mango, jalapeno, honey, orange juice, garlic and water. I blended it all in my blender to make it creamy smooth. Than I heated it up on the stove top so all the flavors mend together. This recipe makes quite a bit of sauce, so you may have some leftover. I thought it would be nice to spread some of the sauce on my serving platter, so you can scoop more of it up. You could even put some in a bowl for more dipping.
I paired my meatballs with Gallo Family Vineyards Pink Moscato which is a light-bodied, but bursting with aromas of fresh citrus and peach, followed by hints of fresh red berries and orange blossoms. A perfect match with the orange in the mango sauce. It is one of my all time favorites!
I also paired it with Gallo Family Vineyards Cafe Zinfandel which has hints of strawberry, raspberry and watermelon flavors. This offsets the spice in the meatballs and makes for a great combination.
These meatballs are perfect for serving at your next football party or even if you’re having a cocktail party. I think they would be a sure hit! These a are a little different, a little unique and simply out of this world. They will be the talk of your party!
- Serves: 35
- Serving size: 1 meatball
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 1.2
- Carbohydrates: 4.3
- Sugar: 3.2
- Sodium: 38
- Fiber: .02
- Protein: 3.4
- Cholesterol: 8.6
- ½ cup onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ lbs. lean ground beef
- ½ lbs. lean ground pork
- 1½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- For the Mango Glaze:
- 1¼ cups mango, peeled and cubed (you can use frozen too)
- ½ jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil
- In a large bowl, add onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, ground beef, ground pork, crushed peppers, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. (I used my hands to mix it)
- Roll meat balls into 1" balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. (I used a small cookie scoop to make evenly sized meatballs)
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden in color and the meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile to make mango sauce, add all remaining ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth and well combined.
- Add the mango sauce to a medium sauce pan and cook on medium-low heat until thick. About 5 minutes.
- Place a toothpick into meatballs and dip into mango glaze. Serve on a platter. For an extra boost of flavor, add a little bit of the mango sauce to your platter.
You just have to love finger foods! Appetizers are simply my favorite. I can’t wait to see what other football favorites the #SundaySupper group has made.
You can go to Gallo Family Vineyards to find more football finger foods. Just go here.
Hosting a party? Go here for some tips of hosting the big game.
Need to find classic food and wine pairings to go with the big game? Just go here.
You can find more information on Gallo Family Vineyards Wines here. You can also check out Gallo Family Vineyards website for their wine varieties and some great recipes.
Have a super great Sunday!
- Bacon and Cheese Pretzel Bites by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger Sliders by Nosh My Way
- Baked Southwestern Eggrolls by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Baked Arancini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chorizo Cheese Dip by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Sliders by Recipe for Perfection
- Everything Bagel Breadsticks & Smoked Salmon Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Kicked Up Texas Caviar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Mini Mexican Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mexican Chicken Meatballs with Queso by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philadelphia Cheesesteak Dip by Family Foodie
- Pizza Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Crostini with Mushroom Sauce by Brunch with Joy
- Rosemary White Bean Dip by Magnolia Days
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sausage & Caramelized Onion Pita Pizza by The Messy Baker
- Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings and Onion Rings by Nik Snacks
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Meatballs by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.