Today we are celebrating International Picnic Day by bringing you a basket packed with goodies from A to Z, in the style of the picnic game! Drop by the Sunday Supper Movement to see the whole picnic spread out on our virtual blanket.
I’m going on a picnic and I’m bringing…
Asian Chicken Salad from Try Anything Once Culinary
Beautiful Beet Salad from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Chicken Muffuletta from Marlene Baird
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups from The Dinner-Mom
Elote from Peaceful Cooking
Fennel Slaw from FoodieTots
Greek Farro Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Honey Porter Glazed Chicken and Vegetable Skewers from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Italian Pasta Salad from Casa de Crews
Japanese Plum Sushi from NinjaBaking.com
Kudos Kitchen Kolaches from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake from In The Kitchen With KP
Molasses Lovers Baked Beans from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Northern Bean Salad with Egg and Prosciutto from Family Foodie
Orzo Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
PICOBLAT from Simply Healthy Family
Quinoa-Stuffed Grape Leaves from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
and Roasted Fingerlings with Capers and Dill
These potatoes are deeeeelicious! They are roasted fingerlings flavored with fresh dill and capers. The capers add a nice vinegar flavor without being overwhelming. They are the perfect picnic food because it does not contain mayonnaise or eggs, plus it’s healthy too. It actually tastes like little baked potatoes. Yummy!!!
- 2 lbs. fingerling potatoes
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tbsp capers, and add a pinch of juice from the jar
- 2 tbsp. dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and place in a bowl. Add olive oil and mix the potatoes until they are coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with ground pepper; bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Flip the potatoes half way through.
- Ad potatoes in a bowl and add capers and dill, mix well.
- Serve warm or cold
Next time you trying to think of something fun and creative to bring to your next picnic, give this recipe a try or check out the other recipes from the Sunday Supper Movement gang!
Have a wonderful day!