I have totally been on an egg kick lately. I have been having hard-boiled eggs for breakfast all week and I am finally starting to get bored with them. So I thought, what kind of egg can I make that won’t cost me too much time in the kitchen and I can take them to work with me? Well, I have been craving spicy food like there is no tomorrow, so why not make spicy eggs? Ahhh, now that’s what were talking about spicy eggs!! So I took one of my favorite combos, jalapeno and cheese and threw them in some eggs and out came Mini Jalapeno and Cheese Egg Bites! YUM!!!, No, SUPER YUM!!!!
Oh my gosh these little egg bites are amazing! They taste like nachos, but in an egg. I am so happy and mad because I should have made these a long time ago. The eggs are creamy with the perfect hint of spice. Really, they taste like a nachos with jalapeno. So if you like nachos, you will love these mini egg bites.
You know what else is to love? They are only 9 calories each! Yes, 9! Crazy!! So I made the serving size for 4, but really, eat more and enjoy! They are just so guilt-free! I made a batch and ate a few and popped the remaining in the freezer. Now I have a simple grab and go breakfast. Just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and they are ready to pop in your mouth! Perfect!
They are super easy to make too! I used a mini muffin tin, sprayed with cooking spray and added one sliced pickled jalapeno to each muffin tin. Then I topped it with cheese and poured my egg and milk mixture over the top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and they are done. It really can’t get easier than that! For the egg I used egg substitute. In case you don’t know what egg substitute is, it’s just egg whites in a carton. It’s low-calorie and contains no cholesterol and it’s good for you too.
- Serves: 24 mini egg bites
- Serving size: 4 mini egg bites (6 servings)
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 24 pickled jalapeno slices
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, lite, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, milk and pepper, until combined.
- Add one jalapeno to each muffin tin and evenly divide the cheese between each muffin cup. Pour egg mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and let the pan sit for a few minutes. Using a knife, carefully run the blade around each muffin cup. Scoop the egg bites out and serve.
I am looking so forward to breakfast all week! I just love jalapenos!!! I swear I could sit down and eat a whole jar of them. I have a sneaky feeling this will be on my breakfast rotation, a lot!!
Well my Friends, I have dinner to make and I have no clue what to make. Sigh…. I wonder if I can’t get the Husband to take me out?? I’ll have to work at it!
Have a great day!