Today is going to be a fun day at PB and P! 🙂 Yesterday my Husband and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. Since it happened during the week we didn’t do too much. But I did make my Husband a shocking meal for our anniversary. It’s one that he craves and loves and one I never make. It’s super cheesy Macaroni and Cheese. I know your thinking what the heck? Don’t you make steak, potatoes, homemade bread, a side of seasonal vegetables? No, not this wife! I make the food my Husband really loves!! That my friends is Mac & Cheese. I also made him another one of his favorites, meatloaf. The meatloaf turned out wonderful, however the photos did not turn out great, so I’ll debate if I’ll share that with you. I may just have to re-make it! 🙂
The mac and cheese is so light, creamy, buttery and has just the best down home flavor. What gives this cheese the ultimate flavor is the Rumiano Monterey Jack Cheese. This cheese is organic, non-GMO verified and just dam good! Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack Cheese are my favorites! I think they are my Husbands too? To lightened up this dish I used skim milk, and to thicken it up I used a little bit of cornstarch. It all came together beautiful and not only am I happy with this dish, so is my Husband.
- Serves: 5 cups
- Serving size: 1 cup (serves 5)
- 8 oz shell shaped quinoa noodles or elbow noodles
- ¾ cups organic non-fat milk
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. organic butter
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. organic milk, non-fat
- 4 oz. Organic Rumiano Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to manufactures directions, stop cooking pasta when it is cook until al denti, about 2 - 3 minutes before done. Drain; set aside.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Whisk until combined; set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, add ¾ cups milk, mustard and butter. Bring to a soft simmer, add cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until thick, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese and stir until melted. Pour cheese over cooked pasta; mix until combined.
October is Non-GMO month and Rumiano Fine Natural Cheese is celebrating Non-GMO month with giving away a year supply of cheese! What a great giveaway!! You can enter the giveaway here! But that’s not all!
But before I get to my giveaway, I wanted to share some scoop with you about GMO. Do you know what GMO is? Honestly I didn’t know until recently. You should really check it out on Rumiano Fine Natural Cheese Site.
Did you read it? Kind of gross don’t you think? Anyway I was happy when I was contacted by Rumiano Cheese and they asked me if I wanted to celebrate Non-GMO month with them by giving away cheese to 5 lucky winners. Yup 5 winners!!
One last thing before the giveway, which makes me proud to work with Rumiano Natural Fine Cheese is that they are certified through the American Humane Association’s Free Farmed Certified program, which guarantees customers that the organic milk used in the making of Rumiano organic cheeses comes from cows that are raised and treated humanely. This distinction is another first in the cheese industry. I think that is wonderful because I am a HUGE animal lover!
This is an easy giveaway! All you have to do is tell me, what is your favorite cheese dish?
If you like I would love it if you tweeted my giveaway, but it’s not required.
I’ll pick five winners before the end of the month!
You can find Rumiano Cheese at Whole Foods across the country and at several natural product stores.
Have a great day!