UPDATE: I made an error on nutritional calculations. I updated it to be correct now. Sorry about that.
Hi Everyone and Happy Wednesday!
Today I have for you one of my favorite, latest cookie creations I have ever made! It is a replica of a White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Latte. Yup, tastes just like it! I was shocked when I took a bite!
These cookies are a mix between a brownie and a cookie! They are crispy around the edges and soft in the middle. The cookies are made with cocoa powder, espresso and filled with white chocolate chips. Before baking, I added a sprinkle of a chopped candy cane which gave it the mint flavor and a tiny little crunch in the center of the cookie! Once they cooled, I drizzled white chocolate over the top. Holy amazing!!! Nothing beats a sweet, chocolaty cookie with a tiny candy cane surprise, a hint of espresso and topped with a smooth chocolate drizzle.
I loved these cookies so much, I gave them all to Jenny to take to her boyfriends house. There was no way I could control myself with them around. I’m kind of a cookie monster, no control!!! But now that I have the recipe and it’s pretty quick to make, I’ll probably be making them soon!! Hmmm, maybe tonight?
The cookies are really easy to make. I melted butter in a pot, added the sugar and whipped in the rest of the ingredients Scoop in a well sprayed mini muffin tin and baked for 10 minutes. You must let them cool completely in the muffin tin to prevent them from breaking. But don’t let that fool you, these are a pretty sturdy cookie and I think they would be great for shipping!
A sweet chocolate espresso cookie filled with white chocolate chips, sprinkled with candy cane pieces and drizzled with white chocolate. A perfect replica of a White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Latte.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 candy cane, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously spray mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups(spray the paper cups).
- In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and salt; stir with a fork to combine.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Let it cool slightly, then stir in egg and vanilla, stir until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then white chocolate chips.
- Portion out about 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup and smooth tops with a small spatula or back of spoon. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Bake until just set, about 10 minutes. Let blondies cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
- Once cool, drizzle the top of the cookies with white chocolate. I melted my chocolate in the microwave for 10 seconds, stirred and microwaved for 8 seconds, then stir until smooth. Then I scooped/poured the chocolate in to a plastic baggie, cut the corner and drizzled the chocolate over the top of the cookies. Let the chocolate set before touching.
Calories: 87.6, Fat: 5.4, Sodium: 61, Cholesterol: 0, Potassium: 20.6, Carbs: 10.9, Fiber: 1.3, Sugar: 7.1, Protein: 1.3
You can sub 1 cup plain greek yogurt for butter, however the texture was chewy and more brownie like then cookie, but it still tasted good!
Calories with Yogurt: 64.9, Fat: 1.9, Sodium: 68, Cholesterol: 0, Potassium: 26.3, Carbs: 10.9, Fiber: 1.7, Sugar: 7.6, Protein: 2
As I am writing this I want one of these cookies!! I wonder if I should make another batch? One thing about blogging, once you make something you eat it and your good! Then you start to write about it and you want to have it again!! Darn those cookies!!
Have a great day!