Wow, I am so excited for today!! This is my first post out of 7 that I will be making and sharing with you from Emeril Lagasse’s new cookbook Kicked-Up Sandwiches. You know me and sandwiches! I love them, I could so eat them everyday!!! When I had the opportunity to be apart of the group with 20 other bloggers, I couldn’t resist, after all it’s food and Emeril, and you know those two go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly!!!
When my cookbook arrived this week I was almost overwhelmed by all the sandwiches in the book, plus all of the homemade bread recipes (mmm, bread), cookies, dips and spreads and so much more. My biggest problem was and still is, what to make first? Anything that can be sandwiched together, it’s in this book. There is something in here for everyone! My Husband was thumbing through the book the other night and he picked out 5 sandwiches right off the bat. Needless to say if I want him to do his chores, I have to make sandwiches. Hey, you have no arguments from me!! I feel like Joey Tribbiani from Friends, you know how he loved sandwiches, well I’m right up there with him!!
I was informed that we can post the recipes for various sandwiches and I saw this one for Emeril’s Egg Salad Supreme and I knew I had to make it! I have never made an egg salad sandwich. That is so odd of me, I know! Since it was warm out, and I didn’t feel like turning the stove on, I made this sandwich for myself for dinner. Your suppose to let it chill for a couple of hours, but I didn’t. I really have no patience to wait!! My sandwich doesn’t look as pretty as his, but mine tasted super duper delicious! The kick of paprika is what really made this egg salad sandwich standout! Another bonus of this sandwich is it can be made in advance, so you can make it for lunch!! I love that!!
- Serves: 6 Sandwiches
- Serving size: 1 Sandwich
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ¼ cup chopped green onion or fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup minced celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise, homemade (see page 309) or store-bought
- 12 slices White Sandwich Bread (page 303)
- 1. Roughly chop the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, mustard, paprika, shallot, green onion, celery, and mayonnaise. Stir with a rubber spatula or a spoon until very well blended. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
- 2. Spread ¼ to ½ cup of the egg salad between 2 slices of bread. Repeat with the remaining salad and bread.
If your interested to see what other goodies are in the book you can go here. If you can’t wait, and your interested in buying the book you can pre-order it before it comes out October 16th. You can just go here. OR you can try to win it right here!!!
Here’ is all you have to do to win the cookbook. Answer this question: What is your favorite sandwich, it can be anywhere from ice cream sandwiches (which is in the book) or even a sandwich made with leftovers, ect… The possibilities are endless, so share them with me!!!
For extra entries: Just be sure you tell me you did so
- Sign up for email/subscribe to Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win Emeril Lagasse’s Kicked-Up Sandwiches Cookbook at Peanut Butter and Peppers @JenatPBandP, #SeriousSandwich
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers on Facebook
- Follow Emeril on Facebook and leave a comment here letting me know
- Follow Morrow Cookbooks on Facebook and leave a comment here letting me know.
The contest will run until October 23rd, where I will showcase my last Emeril Sandwich with you. Well, probably not my last Emeril Sandwich.
Have a great Saturday!!!