It’s that time of year for summer holidays, barbecues, and get togethers, that I thought I would share with you my Classic Macaroni Salad. This is hands down, my husband’s favorite salad. We make it all the time throughout the summer. It goes amazing with bbq chicken and corn on the cob. Yummy!
Classic Macaroni Salad
A classic easy pasta salad made with simple ingredients from your refrigerator and pantry. It’s creamy, crunchy and tastes so good even a few days after making. It will sure be a bit at your next cookout.
Author: Jennifer Drummond
Recipe type: Pasta
Serves: About 8 cups
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. distilled vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup onion, thinly chopped
- Paprika (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse. Set pasta aside until completely cool. In a large bowl; combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in macaroni, celery, 3 hard boiled eggs (roughly chopped) and onion.
- Optional - Slice the remaining 3 hard boiled eggs and place on top of macaroni, sprinkle with paprika and add a few sprigs of parsley
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Pasta will last about 4 days refrigerated.
If you want to lessen the calories of this recipe, I have substituted plain Greek yogurt for about a 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. You don’t really notice the difference.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Have a fabulous weekend.