Hope you are doing well! Sorry for the delay in sharing a recipe with you. My blog had some changes and I couldn’t figure out how to add a recipe, so you can print it. I am not the most technical person, but I figured it out. Anyway, I want to share with you one of my all time favorite and easy recipes; Strawberry Shortcake.
The biscuits are so moist and delicious and a breeze to make, while the strawberries are warmed and sweet. Of course you can’t have strawberry shortcake without homemade whipped cream. Such an easy recipe and perfect for serving anytime of the year, but especially for Valentines Day.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, unsalted, chilled, diced into squares
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp. water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 fl. oz. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; mix until combined. Cut in chilled butter until it forms course crumbs. Mix in milk until a dough forms, and pulls from the side of the bowl.
- Evenly drop 8 mounds of batter onto baking sheet. Place in oven and cook for 12- 15 minutes, until lightly brown. Let cool on baking sheet for two minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- While biscuits are cooling, in a large skillet over medium low heat, add strawberries, water and granulated sugar. Stir constantly until thick and bubbly; about 8 -10 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile make whipped cream; In a large bowl; Add whipping cream, Vanilla extract and powdered sugar, beat together until thick.
- Put the shortcake together, by topping shortcake with strawberries and add a dollop of whipping cream. Another option is you can cut the shortcake in half, horizontally, add strawberries and whip cream, to half the biscuit; top with other half of biscuit on top to make a sandwich. Top with more strawberries and whipping cream if desired.