Today I have for a simple cookie that is kind of winter with a mix of summer. It is Lemon Snowball Cookies. I got the idea of this recipe from King Arthur Flour. I simplified their recipe to make it more adaptable to ingredients that you will have on hand.
These cookies are amazing! Buttery cookie with a lemon flavor that is sweetened with powdered sugar. They will sure to be a hit. But not only are they so delicious, they are a breeze to make too! You have to love that!
The recipe only contains a few ingredients, butter, flour, powdered sugar, salt and lemon extract. If you do not have lemon extract, change it up with a different extract for a different flavored cookie.
This recipe makes 40 cute little snowball cookies. I am so loving the powdered sugar on top. They are puffy cookies that do not spread out that much you can easily fit 16 cookies to a baking sheet.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line to baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, add butter and salt; beat until light and creamy. Add powdered sugar and lemon extract; beat until combined. Add flour and beat in well.
- Take a teaspoon size about of cookie batter and place 1" apart on baking sheet (I fit 16 cookies to each cookie sheet).
- Bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes, until bottom starts to turn a very light golden color. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- While cookies are warm, roll cookies in 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar. Let cookies cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze cookies for up to 3 months.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do. They bring the end of the Summer and a hello to the Fall & Winter season. However, I am not ready for Summer to be over. But I can’t wait for apple season!
Have a wonderful day!