Today I have for you a quick meal that will feed a crowd. It takes no work to make and only requires a few ingredients. It is my BBQ Pork Sliders. These sliders are so juicy and tender and great for a party or simply to serve to your family.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from King’s Hawaiian. They have a new line of BBQ Sauce and they asked me to try them out. I only tried King Hawaiian Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce, but am looking forward to trying the other flavors, especially the Smoked Bacon. Yum! Since I was on a King’s Hawaiian kick I thought I would venture out and try for the first time ever King’s Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls. Can you believe I have never tried the rolls? Oh, they are so soft and tender and perfect with my BBQ Pork Sliders.
To make the BBQ Pork, all I did was add a Pork Loin Filet to a Crockpot, add BBQ Sauce and a few chunks of pineapple. I cooked it all day, such work. Ha ha Once it was done I shredded it with two forks. Add it to my rolls and I had an amazing, soft, tender, juicy, sweet sandwich. The Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce has a nice sweet, smoky flavor. I really enjoyed it.
We served these sandwiches while watching the Warriors play basketball. They were doing amazing during the season, but seem to be slowing down a bit. I can’t get over how many games they play during a week. I would be so tired.
- 24 oz Pork Loin Filet (tenderloin)
- ½ cup Dole Pineapple Chunks
- 1 cup King Hawaiian Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 1 pkg. Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls (12 rolls)
- Lightly spray the bottom of a Crockpot with cooking spray. Add the pork loin to the center of the Crockpot and drizzle with King Hawaiian Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce. Top pork with pineapple chunks and take about 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice and pour around the pork. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When done; with two forks, shred the pork. Slice the mini rolls in half. Top a little bit of pork onto the roll and top with additional BBQ sauce if desired. Serve immediately.
- To have later or for lunch, re-heat pork in the microwave with a little bit of BBQ sauce, about 1 minute. Then make your sandwich. 🙂
Simple meals are so wonderful, especially when they are so tasty. I just love my Crockpot. No matter what day of the week it is, I tend to tire out by dinner time, but having an already meal waiting for you is priceless.
Have a great weekend!