Today I am excited to share with you my holiday cookie recipe that I made for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. This is the 5th year of the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and I was lucky enough to have joined for all 5 years. Basically how it works is that you receive the addresses of three other food bloggers. Send each of them one dozen delicious homemade cookies. Receive three different boxes of scrumptious cookies from other bloggers. It’s so much fun! Plus it is all for a good cause. The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap have partnered with COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer, which claims the lives of more children in the US than any other disease. By participating in this cookie swap you are not only contributing to the food blogger community, but also supporting a great cause.
For this years cookie I made Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies.
I thought the flavors of these cookies screamed the holidays. The cookies are sweet, soft centered with crispy edges. Plus you get a little chewiness from the cranberries and a crunch from the nut. I enjoyed these cookies very much and dried cranberries with macadamia nuts makes for a wonderful combination.
To make the cookies it is very easy. I took my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and changed it up by adding fruit and nuts. The recipe makes 72 cookies and come in at around 90 calories a cookie. I think they would be the perfect hit to have on your holiday table. I hope my receivers enjoyed them as much as we do.
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- campaignIcon Coupons
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups cranberries (I used reduced sugar)
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped small
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir well; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, and eggs; beat until well blended.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the cranberries and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough on to prepared pans about 2 inches apart. I baked 9 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 8 - 9 minutes or until the bottom of cookie is lightly brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for two minutes and place onto cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
There’s still a little time left to start baking your cookies. Make them in advance and freeze them.
Have a great day!