I have to admit to you, I kind of have a hidden addiction. I know we all have something we are addicted to and today I am going to share with you mine. You ready? It’s M&M’s. Oh boy do I love M&M’s. When I was in 6th grade I used to buy a bag everyday. I think I got the addiction because my Mom always carried a bag of Peanut M&M’s in her purse. When the moment was right, she would rip open the bag and share them with me. Still to this day I love them. Matter of fact, I love Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M’s. Have you tried them? You should, they are so good. So with my addiction, I combined my beloved M&M’s with Peanut Butter. Oh yeah, now were talking. Today’s recipe is Peanut Butter M&M’s Cookies.
These cookies are chunky, full of M&M’s and the peanut butter flavor is amazing. You truly need a cup of milk when your eating them. I used Skippy Peanut Butter and I don’t know if it is the Skippy or my recipe, but these truly have a stick to your mouth peanut butter flavor. The M&M’s really breaks it up nicely. I used M&M’s baking bits that you can find at your local grocer. I was good though, I didn’t eat any out of the package. 🙂
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 large egg
- 10 oz. pkg. Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate M&M's Baking Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set side. (Note you do not need to use parchment paper, but I like to when I bake)
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix together; set a side.
- In a large bowl add sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, vanilla, maple syrup and eggs; beat until combined. Lightly beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir in M&M's Baking Bits.
- Scoop 1 tsp. batter and place about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 7 - 9 minutes until lightly golden. Let the cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack.
- Note: These cookies taste best under baked. I found 8 minutes to be perfect, however my oven cooks fast. You want them just slightly golden on the bottom.
I love my peanut butter cookies. They freeze beautifully too! I like to eat them frozen. 🙂
Have a great week!