As most of you know I bake cookies just about every Sunday. I try to change-up my recipes or try something completely new and today I tried a new cookie and I couldn’t wait to share it with you. They are my Cashew Nut Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chips.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cashew butter (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix together; set a side.
- In a large bowl add sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, vanilla, maple syrup and eggs; beat until combined. Lightly beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in cashews and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set side. (Note you do not need to use parchment paper, but I like to when I bake)
- Shape dough into 1¼-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake in oven for 9 - 10 minutes until lightly golden. Let the cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack.
I love baking cookies! I have to say they are probably one of my favorite things to make and I think that makes everyone I know happy! 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend! I hope you do some baking!