As most of you know I bake cookies just about every Sunday. I try to change-up my recipes or try something completely new and today I tried a new cookie and I couldn’t wait to share it with you. They are my Cashew Nut Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chips. These cookies are chunky, chock full of cashews and dark chocolate chips and very gooey. They taste just like cashews. I had a jar of all natural cashew nut butter that I bought from Trader Joe’s and I thought I wonder what it will be like in a cookie? Normally natural nut butter is not great in a cookie, but these turned out fabulous. If you love the cashew nut I think you will love these cookies. You get 88 cookies in a batch. Not shabby! When making the recipe I used my traditional peanut butter cookie, which I just love. For added crunch and flavor I chopped up a bunch of cashews and threw them in the batter. Because the cookies are so chunky, you may get a few odd shape cookies, but that’s ok. I guarantee you will love them. They were a sure hit with my friends and family.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cashew butter (I used Trader Joe's brand)
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix together; set a side.
- In a large bowl add sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, vanilla, maple syrup and eggs; beat until combined. Lightly beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in cashews and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set side. (Note you do not need to use parchment paper, but I like to when I bake)
- Shape dough into 1¼-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake in oven for 9 - 10 minutes until lightly golden. Let the cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack.
I love baking cookies! I have to say they are probably one of my favorite things to make and I think that makes everyone I know happy! 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend! I hope you do some baking!
Feel free to leave a comment :)