Now that I finally understand the heating elements of my oven, I am on a baking craze. Now today’s recipe is pretty basic, and I have been told my baking is nothing but basic, but I decided to stick with tradition. I have for you an amazing quick bread that is prefect with morning coffee, afternoon tea or a snack, it is my Vanilla Yogurt Bread.
The bread is light, fluffy and reminds me of vanilla cake. I love it. It would go great plain or you can dress it up with some berries and a dollop of whip cream. To give the bread a more vanilla flavor, I added a simple vanilla glaze to go over the top. You have to love the glaze!
For the vanilla flavor I used vanilla greek yogurt and Singing Dog Vanilla Extract. Have you ever heard of Singing Dog? The Extract is organic, non-GMO, gluten free and no sugar added. Plus it even has a vanilla bean in the bottle. How cute is that? It is pure vanilla goodness and oh the smell of it is amazing. I swear I could wear it. He he Matter in fact I did. I got a little bit on my hand and I just rubbed my hands together and mmmmm, vanilla.
For making the bread, I used 3 mini loaf pans, but you can also use one traditional loaf pan. I like making 3 of them, so I can share them with friends and family. I also freeze the loaves so my Husband can take them to work for his lunches. The glaze freezes nicely too.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 5.3 oz vanilla yogurt (I used OIKOS Triple Zero)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk or non-fat milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp.vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a loaf pan or three mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set a side
- In a bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda,and salt; mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt, canola oil, and milk; mix until well combined.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture, just until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan or pans. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes for single loaf pan or 25-35 minutes for mini loaf pans, until center of bread comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Cool for about 10 minutes and with a butter knife, go around the edges of the pan and let bread cool completely on cooling rack.
- Once bread is cooled. In a bowl, add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and water. Whisk together until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the bread. (note: I had leftover glaze)
I love quick breads and this one is coffee-house quality. I am pretty proud of it and I simply can’t get over the great vanilla flavor it has. I can’t wait to share it at work.
I hope you have a fabulous day!