I am so excited! I got the best Fall package in the mail on Friday and I couldn’t wait to share it with you. It is Peanut Butter & Co. new Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter. OMG!!! Pumpkin and peanut butter is an amazing combination. The peanut butter is so creamy with hints of cinnamon and pumpkin flavor. It’s not to over-baring, but simply perfect. When I got the peanut butter the first thing I thought of was cookies. You know me and cookies, so Sunday I baked up a batch of my favorite peanut butter cookies and I just couldn’t wait to post my recipe. So as you can guess, today’s recipe is Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies.
The cookies have a nice crispy edge with a soft center. With a perfect little pumpkin and cinnamon flavor. When you take the first bite you think mmmmm, then the second bite you can really taste all of the flavors come together. It simply the perfect Fall cookie and a great way to get that pumpkin fix in.
Want to know a secret? If you spread Peanut Butter & Co. pumpkin spice peanut butter right on the cookie, you are in pure heaven. You could even sandwich the cookie together with some Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter. I just smeared some on top of a few cookies for my afternoon snack. Ohhhh, or add a little vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of Pumpkin Spice PB and sandwich it between 2 cookies. I am so trying this!!
The secret to bringing out the flavor of the peanut butter is adding a pinch of maple syrup in the batter. Trust me on this. Plus I added some cinnamon in the batter and when I did the crisscross pattern on top I dipped the tines of my fork in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. The smell of these cookies baking will have everyone running to the kitchen.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 cup Peanut Butter & Co Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix together; set a side.
- In a large bowl add sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup and eggs; beat until combined. Lightly beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set side. (Note you do not need to use parchment paper, but I like to when I bake)
- In a small bowl, mix ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar; mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1¼-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake in oven for 9 - 10 minutes until lightly golden. Let the cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack.
I bet you are ready for the giveaway. Peanut Butter and Co. sent me the most fun little package, called the #PSilove you gift pack and now I get to give one of my readers a pack too!
- 1 jar of Peanut Butter & Co Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter
- 1 #PSiloveyou mug (so darn cute)
- 1 recipe for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Latte (super easy to make)
- 1 Spiced Pumpkin Yankee Candle with candle holder
For the giveaway all you have to do is answer the question below and tweet it with hashtag #PSiloveyou and tag @PeanutButterCo and @JenatPBandP
QUESTION: What is your favorite Peanut Butter recipe? Share below and don’t forget to tweet it
For more information on Peanut Butter & Co. you can check out the following links:
I will pick a winner on Friday!
Have a great week!