With summer coming close to an end, my Husband was craving BBQ Chicken and macaroni salad. This is one of those meals that screams summer. However, it’s been in the low 100’s and man is it hot out. I did baking in the morning, but there was no way I was turning the oven on in the evening. So this meal makes the perfect dinner for those hot August nights.
Your probably thinking, ok Jen why is this the best BBQ Chicken? Besides a really good BBQ Sauce, I find that boiling the chicken before grilling is the best. Doing this, pre-cooks the chicken and makes for even grilling. I have grilled chicken breasts with the bone straight from the package, but it doesn’t ensure even cooking. Plus when you boil the chicken, to me it makes it more moist, plus the grilling time is less. Meaning your chicken won’t dry out. Here is the chicken after I boiled it.
For the Barbecue Sauce I used Stubbs Spicy BBQ Sauce. I love it! It has the right amount of heat without being too hot. Plus to me, it has a slight sweetness. I have made this recipe a few times and today I finally got some good pictures of the chicken. Why is BBQ chicken so hard to photograph?
- 16 oz chicken breast with bone
- ¼ - ⅓ cup Stubbs Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- Bring approximately 6 cups of water to a boil. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Take the chicken out to cool a bit.
- Heat the grill to medium low, about 250 degrees.
- Add chicken to the grill and top the chicken breasts with BBQ sauce. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and top more BBQ sauce. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Approximately 7 minutes.
Ohhh weeee, I love barbecue chicken on the grill. One of the best summer foods ever.
I am signing off now. The Internet has been out most of the day. When it gets hot, the Internet goes out, so annoying. It took my 3 hours to write this because of the Internet. Oh well, just glad I got it posted.
Have a great rest of the week.
Feel free to leave a comment :)