Today is a very special day! We are having a virtual birthday party for one of the most amazing ladies, Isabel! Who’s Isabel, you wonder? She is the lady behind #SundaySupper and Family Foodie. A little over 3 years ago I was invited to Sunday Supper by Isabel. At first I wasn’t sure, but how could I resist the concept of celebrating family with food on around the Sunday table. I have been blessed to be a part of this family. Isabel has given me so much that she probably doesn’t even realize. I actually got to meet Isabel last summer for the #ChooseDreams campaign. She is a fantastic woman who is driven for success, and is truly someone I look up too. Here is a picture of Isabel with Katie. Isabel is the woman on the right.
The Blondies are light, moist, sweet and has a little crunch from the sprinkles. I love the crunch! They are also a little bit on the healthy side. I made them with whole wheat flour and only a 1/2 stick of butter. Plus this recipe makes 24 two inch bars and are only 111 calories. I call that guilt free! So that means Isabel can have her dessert and her wine too! 🙂
Not only are these bars tasty, but they are such a breeze to make. I whipped these together in about 45 minutes, and that includes baking time. To make the bars I melted a 1/2 cup of butter and then stirred in brown sugar. Added the basics; eggs, flour etc… But one of the keys to giving this a birthday flavor is Butter Extract. Have you ever used Butter Extract? It really tastes like a birthday cake. If you don’t have it, don’t worry, it is not needed in this recipe. By the way, I bought the Butter Extract a Walmart.
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. butter flavored extract, optional
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a bow; add salt, all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and baking soda. Mix until combined; set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat; melt the butter. Take off the heat and add the brown sugar, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-sized bowl. Allow it to cool to lukewarm.
- Mix in one egg at a time until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract and butter extract. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture. Mix until no white streaks show.
- Evenly spread the mixture in the prepared pan, and bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, until they're light brown on the edges and top.
- Remove them from the oven, loosen their edges with a table knife, and cool completely before cutting.
I am looking so forward to seeing what everyone has made for this special celebration. Nothing like having a big virtual birthday party for such a special person. Make sure you check out what everyone else has made. You know I will.
I want to wish Isabel a very Happy Birthday! May all of your dreams come true! Happy Birthday!
Have a wonderful week everybody!
Join me in celebrating Isabel’s Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian