I have to admit it has been hot here! We went from cold to 100 degrees practically overnight. The last thing I want to do in this heat is turn on the stove and make a hot meal. I am craving, light, refreshing and flavorful. That is why I am glad that #SundaySupper teamed up with Certified Angus Beef® brand. Nothing beats a nice juicy steak paired with healthy vegetables from the garden.
I made the most delicious protein bowl ever. It’s made with Certified Angus Beef® Sirloin that has been grilled with just a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. I sided my sirloin steak with cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and scallions from my garden. Nothing like freshly picked vegetables. To add a boost of fiber, protein and healthy carbs I topped my dish on a bed of quinoa. Yum!
I personally like my steak on the plain side when it comes to cooking. I think the flavor of Certified Angus Beef® grilled with just a little bit of olive oil is simply perfect. You get true flavor of the steak which is what this dish is all about. I grilled my steak for five minutes on each side. I try not to over-cook it. My Husband on the other hand, tends to over-cook the steak. He just sets it on the grill and leaves it, not me. I watch it, baby it and I time it. I think steak is one piece of meat that needs that extra touch of love when you cook it.
For the vegetables I kept it simple and light. I just added some grape tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumbers and a little bit of scallions. For a boost of flavors on the vegetables I added some freshly chopped basil and just drizzled it with a little olive oil. Simply perfect. I cheated when it came to the quinoa. I had some already cooked in the freezer and just microwaved it for a few minutes. That is totally the best way to save on time when it comes to dinner. With prep and cooking the steak it only took me about 10 minutes to put it all together. You can’t beat that!
- 8 oz Sirloin Steak Certified Angus Beef® brand
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced small
- 5 basil leaves, sliced small
- 2 tbsp. scallions, chopped small
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- salt &pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium
- Rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil over both sides of steak. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook each side for 5 minutes for medium, well done. Take the steak off the grill and cover the steak and let it rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak.
- Between two bowls, evenly divide the quinoa and top quinoa with steak. Evenly divide, the cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, scallions and drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I enjoy cooking with Certified Angus Beef® brand because it is the best beef available. It has the best outstanding flavor because of the Marbling, which is the white flecks of flavor within the meat which ensures that it will be tender and juicy. No knife needed for my recipe. Did you know that Certified Angus Beef® brand has been around since 1978 and it is the original Certified Angus Beef® brand. Now you know why it is so good. You can also find Certified Angus Beef® brand at your local grocery store. Just go here to find a store near you.
If you love beef as much as I do, you need to check out the Certified Angus Beef Pinterest Board for more recipes.
For more information from Certified Angus Beef® brand you can go to the following links:
I am sure this will be making my recipe over and over this summer. I just may change it up, and add some other vegetables to it.
Be sure to check out the other wonderful Beef recipes that the #SundaySupper gang is sharing today.
Now go heat up those grills.
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn Tomato and Avocado Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Grilled Steak Crostini with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nicaraguan Style Steak Skewers with Chimichurri by Curious Cuisiniere
Marvelous Main Dishes:
- Bacon Wrapped Balsamic Marinated Sirloin Filet by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Balsamic Burgers by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Bourbon Caramelized Onion and Blue Burgers by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brisket Grinder with Smoked Peppers and Caramelized Onions by Whole Food | Real Families
- Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chile-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Chunky Tomato-Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cocoa & Coffee Rubbed Beef Kabobs with Roasted Corn Salad by I’m Not the Nanny
- Deliciously Drunken Marinated Steak by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Ginger Soy Grilled Angus Beef Steak by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Bacon & Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Steak Salad by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sirloin Caesar Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Steak & Quinoa Protein Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Taco Burgers by Alida’s Kitchen
- 5 Summer Grilling Tips for Fruit by Sunday Supper Movement
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.