Today for #SundaySupper we are sharing with you tropical recipes. I just love tropical recipes, mangoes, limes, papayas, coconut, mmmmm…. I could go on and on. Since this past week I went to Napa for work, I thought before I left I would make my Husband a snack to take to work. So I looked on my counter and I saw a fresh mango that I had to use before my trip. I decided, why not make tropical bars with fresh mango and coconut? One of my all time favorite combinations. So I whipped it together and made it as healthy as I could without sacrificing the flavor. So today I have for you whole wheat mango coconut bars.
These bars are lightly sweetened with the perfect balance of coconut with little bits of moist mango. I will admit the bars are super moist, but they are a little bit crumbly. To make them I used coconut oil, whole wheat pastry flour, brown sugar, fresh mango and toasted coconut. I have to ask you, have you ever used Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Sugar? That is what I used in the recipe and I have to say the stuff is thick and doesn’t break down well. I was just curious if you thought the same thing?
The hardest thing about this recipe is waiting for it to cool. I may not have waited as long as I should have. I couldn’t resist. The smell of them was amazing. My Husband kept saying are they done yet? They smell good. That’s what hard about cooking something that your excited about, waiting for it to cool.
- 1¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1¼ cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup mango, peeled, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan or add parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder; mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, and brown sugar, stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture.
- Fold in coconut and mango
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan, and bake for 20 minutes, until they're light brown on the edges and top.
- Remove them from the oven and cool completely before cutting.
Have a great day!
- Chicken and Lemongrass Sugarcane Skewers by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Coconut crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Cucumber Topping by Soni’s Food
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Tropical Sunrise Fruit Salad with Coconut Chia Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Condiments and Sauces
- Cilantro Margarita by An Appealing Plan
- Coconut Mojito by Flour On My Face
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Lava Flow by Nosh My Way
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish – Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp Roll with Tropical Fruit Slaw by Food Done Light
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Kalua Pig by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mango Lime Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork by Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza by Family Foodie
- Catibias o Cativias (Dominican Yucca Empanadas) by The Petit Gourmet
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Tacos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Chicken Burgers by Momma’s Meals
- Whole Roasted Bream with a Ginger-Tamarind Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Seven Layer Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pineapple Blueberry Ooey Gooey Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Tropical Layered Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ube Panna Cotta by The Joyful Foodie
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Tropical Foods and Drinks Sunday Supper
- The Best Wines to Pair with Tropical Food #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.