Have you ever watched the TV show on Food Network called Chopped? Well Chopped has come to Peanut Butter and Peppers today. I have 4 ingredients I have to use; Sargento® Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican, couscous, boneless chicken tenders, and salsa. What do I make? The pressure is on.
I debated on making tacos, then I thought of chicken tenders on a bed of couscous and then I came up with today’s recipe, Cheesy Mexican Chicken Couscous. This dish is amazing and very simple to make. It’s couscous with chopped chicken and mixed with salsa and topped with Sargento® Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican. It’s cheesy, delicious and makes for a great dinner and even better as leftovers.
To make the dish I cooked my couscous in chicken broth and while that was cooking I cooked my chicken tenders in a frying pan. Once the chicken was cooked, I chopped it up into bite size pieces. I added the couscous to the skillet, and mixed it was salsa and chicken. For the salsa I used chipotle garlic. Yum! My new favorite! Then I topped my skillet with Sargento® Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican. I placed my skillet under the broiler and cooked it until the cheese was melted. Amazing! Before serving I topped it with some fresh cilantro. Just because I love the heat I also added a little bit of hot sauce. You know me and my hot sauce.
I am so loving Sargento® Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican. It adds that extra pinch of flavor the recipe needs. Plus, oh my gosh the cheese! It’s so gooey, cheesy, creamy and simply one of my favorite loves! I have totally been on a cheese kick lately and my family is very happy with that!
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1¾ cups chicken broth or water
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs. Chicken tenders, boneless, skinless
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup salsa (Your favorite kind)
- 1½ cups Sargento® Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a medium pot bring water or chicken broth to a boil Add Couscous and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile in a 10" oven safe skillet, add olive oil and chicken tenders. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook each side for about 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take the chicken out the skillet once cooked and cut up into bite size pieces.
- Heat broiler on low
- In the skillet you cooked the chicken in, spray with cooking spray, and add the cooked couscous, chicken and salsa. Mix until combined. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Place in the broiler and cook until cheese is melted, about 3- 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, is desired.
Sargento is hosting a “Chopped at Home” contest, and we want to see how you mimic the Chopped challenge with Sargento cheese!
I’d like you to showcase your style as an at-home cook using real ingredients. Get creative and come up with your best Chopped-
inspired dish featuring Sargento Shredded Cheese. I know how creative you are! Just use the selected basket ingredients, make your recipe and enter the contest and you could win $10,000! How fun is that? You can check enter here.
What recipe would you submit to the Chopped At Home contest featuring Sargento cheese?
Have a great weekend! I will be packing up and heading to Napa Valley for a week long work conference.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.