Do you know what April is? It is National Grilled Cheese Month! The #SundaySupper gang and I have teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards to share with you our favorite grilled cheese sandwiches. I bet you know what I love to have on my grilled cheese, peppers! My recipe contains roasted grilled Anaheim peppers, gooey American cheese and an artisan garlic bread. This sandwich is so gourmet and so easy to make, I think I am in love!
- 1 Anaheim Pepper
- 4 slices garlic flavored batard bread (about ½" slices)
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese, mild in flavor, divided
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- Place your pepper on a grill or over a gas burner. Cook until the skin is charred and soft, turning the pepper to cook evenly. Place the pepper in a ziplock bag, and seal for 30 minutes. The steam will make the skin come off. After 30 minutes, gently peel the skin on the peppers. I used a paper towel to get the excess skin off. Whatever you do, do not run the pepper under water. Cut the pepper in half and gently scrap the skin off. Than cut the pepper into strips.
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter and place in a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter for about 20 seconds or so. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet with a lid, set the burner to medium low heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Let the butter melt.
- Meanwhile brush one side of the sliced bread with butter, place that side down onto the skillet. Top the bread with pepper slices and 2 ounces of cheese. Top the cheese with a slice of bread and butter the outer side of the bread. Do the same for the remaining ingredients. Place lid over skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the sandwich and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take the sandwich out of the skillet and serve.
Recipe makes 2 sandwiches
I am loving my Grilled Cheese Sandwich! Gallo Family Vineyards is sharing with you 20 Grilled Cheese recipes. You should check it out!
If you’re interested in the Gallo Family Vineyards wine that is featured in today’s post, you can check them out below. I think they both compliment grilled cheese sandwiches perfectly. They are my two favorite Gallo Family Vineyard wines.
You can find more information on Gallo Family Vineyards Wines here. You can also check out Gallo Family Vineyards website for their wine varieties and some great recipes.
What is your favorite kind of grilled cheese?
Have a wonderful Sunday!
- Bacon Inverted Grilled Cheese by Brunch with Joy
- BBQ Pulled Pork and Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Brie, Raspberry and Honey Grilled Cheese by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Egg Prosciutto Grilled Cheese by Magnolia Days
- French Onion Grilled Cheese by The Redhead Baker
- Garlicky Anaheim Pepper Grilled Cheese by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Kale Grilled Cheese by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Cheese with Spinach and Roasted Red Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Grilled Havarti with Onion Jam by Nosh My Way
- Grilled Gruyère on Rye with Crisped Sage and Pink Lady Slices by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Loaded Sharp Cheddar and Black Forest Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Longaniza Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Peaceful Cooking
- Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Roasted Cauliflower, Ham and Brie Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Tomato Caprese Grilled Cheese by One Sweet Mess
- Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese by Life Tastes Good
- Tomato Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese by Feed Me, Seymour
- Tomato, Prosciutto and Gruyère Grilled Cheese by Casa de Crews
- Twenty Ways to Make Grilled Cheese plus Wine Pairings on the Sunday Supper Movement website
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.